Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where Do The Years Go???

OldTrucker

1 hour ago, OldTrucker said:

49 years ago today we made a promise to each other and have kept it!

I must be crazy!!!:lol:

Congratulations Sir!    Milestone for sure!   And getting "rare" in today's society. 

Congratulations to all of you.  My wife and I just celebrated 37 years a couple months back.  What makes this so special to us is, I was  told before we got married it would not last two years.  My wife is a Korean national (now a naturalized American) and unfortunately more than 90% of Korean/American marriages (at least military marriages) end within two or three years.  We have worked hard to keep it together and it has been worth every day of it.

My wife Karen and I have been married for 55 years. We have survived cancer,death of a child,open heart surgery and more. She has given me her entire life. She certainly is the most tolerant woman I have ever met and I thank God for her endless dedication to our lives together.

Dam I must be doing something wrong.My longest relationship with a girl friend/fiancé was 10 years, then we split up...Oh well.But congrats to all you couples that have stayed married after so many years.But you must be faithful, otherwise the whole relationship is just a big lie.?☹️.Remember your vows.?

On 7/31/2019 at 1:25 PM, NYLIBUD said:

Dam I must be doing something wrong.My longest relationship with a girl friend/fiancé was 10 years, then we split up...Oh well.But congrats to all you couples that have stayed married after so many years.But you must be faithful, otherwise the whole relationship is just a big lie.?☹️.Remember your vows.?

Mine lasted 2 1/2 years back in the 90's. Since then,,,,nada. 

On the bright side my parents have been married for 61 years and my sister for 39 years. 

Where does the time go ?   I remember long ago when my dad was still alive and I was a know it all punk teenager he told me " As you get older time goes quicker ".  I being the know it all I was thought bull. A week is a week, a month is a month and a year is a year. Unfortunately he passed before I could tell him how right he was.  As he also said " Too soon old, too late smart " .:D

5 hours ago, cobraman said:

Where does the time go ?   I remember long ago when my dad was still alive and I was a know it all punk teenager he told me " As you get older time goes quicker ".  I being the know it all I was thought bull. A week is a week, a month is a month and a year is a year. Unfortunately he passed before I could tell him how right he was.  As he also said " Too soon old, too late smart " .:D

I can attest to every word he said to you!:lol:

I too thought I had the world by the tail when I was a youngin'. I have since learned that I still have a lot that I don't and never will know!;)