Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
250 Testa Rossa

Shelby GT350 Rocker Stripes

Recommended Posts

Is there anybody out there who makes correct rocker stripe decals or paint mask set for a 1/24th scale 1965 Shelby GT350? 

Thanks!

 

 

65CannonballShelby-25.jpg

65CannonballShelby-6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either the Monogram or Fred Cady ones should work.

Edited by vamach1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rex, in that first picture of the wheel, would that be correct for '66 Shelbys? I always like that style wheel better than the '10 spokes' or the 5 spoke Magnum type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vintage Racing Miniatures makes a beautiful set.printed by Cartograf the best in the business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MrObsessive said:

Rex, in that first picture of the wheel, would that be correct for '66 Shelbys? I always like that style wheel better than the '10 spokes' or the 5 spoke Magnum type.

I think technically that was the 65 only wheel made by Cragar and the ten spokes were an option for 66 along with the Hertz Magnum 500's.  I don't think you will get dinged by anyone for doing a wheel swap. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I think technically that was the 65 only wheel made by Cragar and the ten spokes were an option for 66 along with the Hertz Magnum 500's.  I don't think you will get dinged by anyone for doing a wheel swap. ;)

Oh OK..............I think they look better IMO as I'd like to build a '66 sometime with those wheels. Maybe consider it a "Day 2" car. :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure you could put the '65 wheels on a '66 if you wanted.  I know there were some things carried over on the early '66 cars from the '65s. Whose to say you couldn't have a set of those wheels? These cars were a little more personalized than factory built stuff. I agree they are way nicer than the 10 spoke ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a comparison between the VRM and Monogram stripes, both correct for '66 and not '65. The '65 stripes were much larger than this.

IMG_0053.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, larman said:

I am sure you could put the '65 wheels on a '66 if you wanted.  I know there were some things carried over on the early '66 cars from the '65s. Whose to say you couldn't have a set of those wheels? These cars were a little more personalized than factory built stuff. I agree they are way nicer than the 10 spoke ones.

For 1966: "Now added to the options list were the Koni shocks, the Detroit Locker differential, as well as the wood-rimmed steering wheel. More wheels were now available, the leftover cars having either the silver-painted steel wheels or the Crager mags, which both were also available on later produced cars. Standard wheels on the later cars were silver-painted 14 inch Magnum 500s, but the Hertz cars came with the chrome versions. More wheel options on later cars were also the 14 inch Shelby aluminum ten-spoke wheels and plain 14 inch silver-painted wheels. Most early cars came with hollow-letter Cobra valve covers while the later cars had solid letters and a black crinkle finish. "

http://www.mustangspecs.com/years/66shelby.shtml

Edited by afx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, afx said:

"Now added to the options list were the Koni shocks, the Detroit Locker differential, as well as the wood-rimmed steering wheel. More wheels were now available, the leftover cars having either the silver-painted steel wheels or the Crager mags, which both were also available on later produced cars. Standard wheels on the later cars were silver-painted 14 inch Magnum 500s, but the Hertz cars came with the chrome versions. More wheel options on later cars were also the 14 inch Shelby aluminum ten-spoke wheels and plain 14 inch silver-painted wheels. Most early cars came with hollow-letter Cobra valve covers while the later cars had solid letters and a black crinkle finish. "

http://www.mustangspecs.com/years/66shelby.shtml

Good info, thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Either the Monogram or Fred Cady ones should work.

I measured the Monogram stripes, and they look just like the ones for 1966. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...