Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Buick Regal Grand National

chevellekid

Picked this kit up yesterday from a LHS. Opened it and it looks pretty cool! It IS the DINK....err....DONK series but has all of the stock parts too (YAY!!). I plan to build it so it's MOSTLY stock. I will add some extra gauges inside and some paint mods. But otherwise it's going to be the stock TURBO V6, stock interior, and stock rims and tires. It will be gloss black with a red interior. I'm hoping it will be kickass!

Ok....off to work!

Here is the kit....

1987BuickGN002.jpg

here is how i want it to look!

BGN00336B_667miles.jpg

Body will be painted soon!

Ben Kenobi!

:beer:

For me the part I'm going to detail the most will be the interior. I am using 2 diffrent flocking colors for the seats to get the right effect for the interior....here is a pic of the 1:1

14.jpg

I will be covering the seat in flocking.....fuun......and the door panels too.

I also did some detailing on the dash. Added a couple of Detail Master PE Gauges for that modified car look.

1987BuickGN006.jpg

1987BuickGN005.jpg

And I painted the body!!!!!!

1987BuickGN008.jpg

1987BuickGN009.jpg

1987BuickGN010.jpg

Yes my Chevelle is sitting outside with no tires while I do work to the trunk.

Hope Ya'll like!!!!

Ben Kenobi!

that box art is SO darn funny! is that thing a 4WD or what? i saw something like that driving down the street the other day and about pissed myself laughing!

your build on the other hand is looking great and i can appreciate that style.

but this sitting 3 ft off the ground thing on those funny wheels, man some people must have a lot of spare change.

Ahhh Yes! Lookin' good so far Ben!

That's one of those few '80's cars that are actually collectible in 1:1! 8)

Back in the '80's when I owned a 1:1 '69 AMX with a 390/4spd, my car was pretty much king of the hill among other muscle cars in the area. Pretty much I could beat 440 Mopars, Big Block Chevelle's, Camaro's etc.

Until one fine day I got smoked by a brand new Grand National GNX which blew my mind because the car didn't look like much at first glance. The guy later admitted that the car was "enhanced" engine wise-----but the launch off the line was very impressive just the same! :shock:

Keep up the good work Ben!

• 1 month later...

my neighbor has one sitting out in back of his garage...body is in VGc and he starts it up on accasion just to keep it running...pulls it in for winter,but it drives me nuts that it just sits there most of the time not bieng brought back to original condition...great project you have going on.