Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 ford

Brudda

Starting new project. 32 ford, chopped the top. Compared to the stock one one the left. Opened the doors. Going to open the cowl vent also. The rear deck lid is already cut out. Using a flathead out of the 37 revell truck kit. Wheels from scale Motorsport. Have the model car garage photo etch grill. Do not have a color yet. Built a couple ,but not like this. Hope you like.

1BB16587-60BB-4EE8-9821-43596EA48260.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice mods on the frame. Gets that stance down a bit while maintaining the elegant "swoop" of the stock 32 frame. 

I know you said the wheels are Scale Motorsport, but I've only ever seen the American Racing style 5 spokes from them. These look really nice, which is to be expected from SM

• 2 months later...

Well back on the 32. Thank you ModelbuilderMark,Thank you Meatman, Thank you Mr. Metallic. Fitting the brakes. Going to do a standard hot rod 32, flathead, halibrands big drum brakes. Flathead from a 37 ford truck. Cannot remember where the brakes came from. Had a 289, then a boss 429 then settled for the flathead. Might put buckets? And still do not know what color. Have a photo etch grill and pe 32 stuff. Going to open the cowl vent and leave it open. I built a 32 out of box , so this detail and open doors are a new thing for me. Plus cutting the roof. (Chopped top). 

22 hours ago, Brudda said:

Thank you mrm. A friend just told me to put bomber seats in it. I’m going to make some or get some pe aircraft seats

There's a few choices for bomber seats out there, besides scratchbuilding them

If you have or can find one, the Revell 30 Model A 5W has a nice set.

Replicas and Miniatures Co of Maryland offers a nice set.

There's a company making a photoetch one. Sorry, the name escapes me right now

Just a suggestion, and maybe you're not done making the mods yet. But I would definitely try to get the front wheels and brakes nested together more. Perhaps remove material from the back of the wheel that may be interfering (mounting boss/) and remove some of the face of the brake? 

Edited by Mr. Metallic

27 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

There's a few choices for bomber seats out there, besides scratchbuilding them

If you have or can find one, the Revell 30 Model A 5W has a nice set.

Replicas and Miniatures Co of Maryland offers a nice set.

There's a company making a photoetch one. Sorry, the name escapes me right now

Just a suggestion, and maybe you're not done making the mods yet. But I would definitely try to get the front wheels and brakes nested together more. Perhaps remove material from the back of the wheel that may be interfering (mounting boss/) and remove some of the face of the brake? 

Yes MrMetallic you are right. I refit the brakes so they are tucked into the wheel . This is the look I’m trying to get. 

2CA07C95-BB80-4238-B8B1-09A9D98A5306.jpeg

4FF20585-E5EB-469F-8D6D-AA7A20A94E5C.jpeg

Looking good Bruce,  very nice chop, too many people over-chop 32 roofs IMO but yours looks perfect ! 

I really like the way you altered the chassis too, rather than adding a Z section , as someone else mentioned it keeps the flow of the chassis lines !  Thanks, I'll remember this tip for some of my future projects !