Model Cars Magazine Forum

11 hours ago, alexis said:

FOUR-hole mag wheels? That's a deal-breaker for me, as I don't even care that much for the "hot rod" chassis in this kit (I like the one in the common '25 a lot better). Sorry, I'm out. 

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

FOUR-hole mag wheels?

Those things are hilarious... the small window mags looked okay on the drag coupes and gassers but I wonder who thought those large ones were a good idea.

They come in the GMC stepside and the AMT F350 tuff truk dually and maybe others too IIRC.

... and a google image search for '4 slot mag' showed mostly 5 slot mags unless you were dealing with off-shore 4 bolt subject matter.

Edited by mk11

13 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

If you've spent any amount of time building AMT kits, you should be used to chucking ugly custom parts by now.

I have a "Parts Bin"  that is holding SEVERAL of those AMT parts! Building the 3-in-1 kits will fill up a bin for ya!!

The reissue 23 T went together fine.  I did the rod version on this one, since I've done some stock Ts already.

That frame that needs to be stick built piece by piece was fiddly, but I was surprised when I was done it had all four tires flat on the ground.

Only real mod I did was chopping the windshield and giving it some rake. Otherwise it was all by the manual.

The pad printed Goodyears are nice and look vintage.

Video will be up next Saturday.