Model Cars Magazine Forum

5 hours ago, alexis said:

And with out wheels, what good are the Blah-Blah monster truck tires? I want that T and the trailer though.

Assuming they're the same as the older ones that only fit those specific wheels, yea...why the _ even? ??‍♂️ Even if they had the wheels, what good are they without the rockwell axles lol. 

I'm surprised that the '23 T is not getting more interest. This kit has been "Un-Obtainium" for 40+ years, and all it seems to merit is Meh? I'm in for more than a few of these, if only for the Kit Bashing possibilities. I see at least one Street Rod '23 C-Cab Van in my future, long before Round2 does the same. (which, I fully expect they will, eventually).  Besides, the Stock '23T will just look different than the current '25 T. Not Much, but it IS there.

Round2 seems to have really slowed down on Model Kits, in general the last few months. I see the Diecast and Johnny Lightning stuff going great guns, and I wonder if the kit market is seeing reduced interest and sales? All these Coke themed kits are just re-issues of stuff that have been out in the last few years. (except the '53 Ford), and I'd really like to know how those kits are selling.  I do, however, hold out high hopes for the forthcoming '63 Chevy kit. I've never had one, and I am anxious to see what the Kats do to the kit.

15 minutes ago, alexis said:

I'm surprised that the '23 T is not getting more interest. This kit has been "Un-Obtainium" for 40+ years, and all it seems to merit is Meh? I'm in for more than a few of these, if only for the Kit Bashing possibilities. I see at least one Street Rod '23 C-Cab Van in my future, long before Round2 does the same. (which, I fully expect they will, eventually).  Besides, the Stock '23T will just look different than the current '25 T. Not Much, but it IS there.

Round2 seems to have really slowed down on Model Kits, in general the last few months. I see the Diecast and Johnny Lightning stuff going great guns, and I wonder if the kit market is seeing reduced interest and sales? All these Coke themed kits are just re-issues of stuff that have been out in the last few years. (except the '53 Ford), and I'd really like to know how those kits are selling.  I do, however, hold out high hopes for the forthcoming '63 Chevy kit. I've never had one, and I am anxious to see what the Kats do to the kit.

Because world weary indifference is how you show how sophisticated you are, I guess.

If the instructions are any indication, it looks like a much nicer kit than the Double T version.   The only thing I can think of is that maybe people are put off by the '70s style mods,  but as the realtors say, it has good bones.   I see a great starting point for anything from vintage racer to track roadster to Fad-T, depending on what's in your parts box.  I have a project in mind for the body, but I've been trying to convert the stock 25 T into a Mercury speedster, and I'm thinking this might make a better donor chassis.

48 minutes ago, alexis said:

Round2 seems to have really slowed down on Model Kits, in general the last few months. I see the Diecast and Johnny Lightning stuff going great guns, and I wonder if the kit market is seeing reduced interest and sales? 

Following the money... they probably have a big order from Walmart for diecast and Johnny Lightning.

20 hours ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

What!!!??? No Coca Cola kit?? Should've at least had Coke decals for the Trailer. :lol::lol:.

Probably contractual.  They paid Coke for so many kits, so many units? 

Note that the kit new tool is Star Trek.. snapper molded in color for that TV and Movie Memorabilia market.  

Edited by Tom Geiger

9 hours ago, alexis said:

The Multi-Piece Chassis is a bit more difficult than the Single Piece one in the '25, but other than that, it should be about the same. I'm just thrilled about having the ability to put the Rod parts into the C-Cab and Depot Hack.

Yes, it looks like it could be fiddly, but I can live with fiddly if it gets the desired result.

17 hours ago, alexis said:

If it had a stock version offered I would be interested. It's a great little kit for rodders, but I'm a stock builder. I think it's great for you guys.