Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Mercury Comet

jjsipes

Not sure if I had started a WIP thread on this one or not but, completed today. Tamiya Black and Clear with Testors Nassau Blue interior. Redline tires from AMT parts pack. Kit wheels. Wanted something different than Red or Black interior. Thought I'd try Blue. I really like the look.

20190804_160810.jpg

20190802_210732.jpg

20190804_160802.jpg

20190804_160715.jpg

20190804_160749.jpg

20190804_160753.jpg

20190804_160729.jpg

20190804_160732.jpg

Edited by jjsipes

Nicely done! The blue looks right at home in the black Comet. I tried to buy a new '74 Grand Prix that was black with a blue interior, but the bank didn't want me to!! LOL

It also looked great with the blue interior!

2 hours ago, jjsipes said:

Thanks guys. I'm loving these Moebius kits.

I hear ya. I wish the glass installed from the inside on them. I spent about a half hour pre fitting the windows on the 65 Plymouth I’m working on. But then again, Moebius has more pros than cons, and that’s a good thing. 

55 minutes ago, Brutalform said:

I hear ya. I wish the glass installed from the inside on them. I spent about a half hour pre fitting the windows on the 65 Plymouth I’m working on. But then again, Moebius has more pros than cons, and that’s a good thing. 

The worst one for glass fitment has been the 61 Pontiacs. I built one of the 65 Satellite and didn't have any issue with glass. Working on the Leal Sedan now.

2 hours ago, jjsipes said:

The worst one for glass fitment has been the 61 Pontiacs. I built one of the 65 Satellite and didn't have any issue with glass. Working on the Leal Sedan now.

That’s good to know. I was thinking about picking up the Pontiac SD. 

Isn't there a problem with the front grill also?

1 minute ago, Brutalform said:

That’s good to know. I was thinking about picking up the Pontiac SD. 

Isn't there a problem with the front grill also?

Yes. I had to work on the backside of the grille to get in to sit flush with the body. Still I thought it was a great kit.