Model Cars Magazine Forum

Opinions and Reviews Wanted on a Couple Kits

I have a birthday coming up, and would like to get my first large scale auto kit....... There are two kits in particular that I would be interested in. One is the 1/16 Porsche 959, the other is the 1/16 Lamborghini Countach LP500S. They are both from Fujimi..........

Anyone have pics of one or both of these kits, reviews, or any opinions regarding them? If you do, please share.........

Okay, well I don't have either of those, BUT I do have 1/16th Miura and 1/16th Boxer, both from Fujimi, so on THOSE kits that I do have, while looking quite excellent as far as body goes, the engine detail is disappointing. However, I love scratch building and adding extra details, which is far easier to do with mechanical bits, than body work, IMO.

So if you're happy to add some extra detail to the parts that won't show closed up on display, or it you just want an accurate large scale piece, they're great!

There's plenty of Google Images of any detail you can want, and somewhat replicating them in 1/16th is a lot easier than the smaller scales.

I'd say go for it and have yourself a blast!

I dont know about the 959, but i do know about other 1/16, 1/20 Fujimi Lambo kits......pretty disappointing when compared to their 1/24 versions, and like Dennis said, they make decent curbsides, but the engine bays are all weird -especially the engine block.

From what I've been able to find as far as online info, the Countach seems to have been made with the option to make it motorized, where the Porsche is based on an enthusiast series model.... I guess that means the 959 would be the more accurate and detailed one.......

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2019 at 2:32 AM, JollySipper said:

I have a birthday coming up, and would like to get my first large scale auto kit....... There are two kits in particular that I would be interested in. One is the 1/16 Porsche 959, the other is the 1/16 Lamborghini Countach LP500S. They are both from Fujimi..........

Anyone have pics of one or both of these kits, reviews, or any opinions regarding them? If you do, please share.........

First off, I agree to what y'all said about the poor level of detailing in the 1/16 scale kits. If the decision is not made yet, I would go for the Porsche for one simple reason. The engine bay of the 959 is rather tightly filled with the flat-six, the turbos etc.  and will therefore not look as "empty" as the one in the Countach.

On the other hand, if you enjoy adding detail yourself, there is a lot more potential for doing so on the Lambo... 

• 4 weeks later...

I love scratch building and adding details, so someday I will enjoy building these, but it is disappointing that they didn't give us a better start right out of the box, but they will make very impressive models once properly finished. I'm not into the Dussie anymore though.

IMG_5816re.JPG