Model Cars Magazine Forum
Heartattaq

Has anyone bought the "Scale Auto First 35 years" dvd

If so was it worth the 89.95 to you? I mean price wise For the amount of magazines you get on the dvd I imagine the price is right, but if you purchased it, do you find you use it enough to justify the price point?
15206border.jpg?mw=610

I'm happy with my purchase of the DVD. I first started buying the mag in 1986 so its given me access to the earlier issues I would never have gotten to otherwise see.

The only issue I have is that I followed the instructions and  downloaded the DVD to my new iMac running the latest  OS Mojave 10.14.5 and whenever I open it I'm getting a message saying the app is not optimised for my Mac and needs to be updated

Its currently working fine but worryingly its saying the app won't work with future versions of Mac OS. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.26.21 PM.png

I'm also happy with the purchase. I followed their PC/Windows instructions and it loaded fine.

The search feature alone makes it worth it to me also the space it freed up in my model room

was a big plus. 

I think there is likely good value here, but when I tried to order it, the shipping to Canada was horrendous. I emailed them a couple of times to see if the quoted numbers on the website were correct, but so far no reply.

We have an old lap top somewhere.  Will this work on a regular DVD player or Xbox?  I can enjoy the magazine and force family to enjoy it with me on the TV.  LOL.   

Can it be copied to a separate PC?  So I can look at it at work as well without having the DVD with me everytime?

Any way to trasnfer files to google drive or something so I can see it on my phone?  

These are my questions and probably easier to get an answer here.  I have almost every issue since 1986, but nothing before and I probably missed a few issues in there when I was buying off the rack.