Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Chrysler flathead wiring conundrum

If you are familiar with this kit you know that the engine is really great looking, but the head is problematic when it comes to ignition wiring. The odd looking spike is supposed to represent the ignition wiring looms. Real hard to get rid of as I'll also lose the bolt heads that run next to it. I'd like to see what you guys have done to make this look decent.

48467367147_bd481205f9_z.jpg

AZ17_r142_020.jpg

You could hog out that stove pipe that is standing there and dead head your wires into it. Then run just short leads out the side of the channel to each plug. Skinny wires, 5mm with L shaped clips, no boots on the spark plugs, originally anyway.

Curious, Which 32 Chrysler kit are you building ?

Edited by Dave G.
Added info and question

11 hours ago, Jantrix said:

If you are familiar with this kit you know that the engine is really great looking, but the head is problematic when it comes to ignition wiring. The odd looking spike is supposed to represent the ignition wiring looms. Real hard to get rid of as I'll also lose the bolt heads that run next to it. I'd like to see what you guys have done to make this look decent.

AZ17_r142_020.jpg

Wow! That is a nicely restored engine.

3 hours ago, Dave G. said:

You could hog out that stove pipe that is standing there and dead head your wires into it. Then run just short leads out the side of the channel to each plug. Skinny wires, 5mm with L shaped clips, no boots on the spark plugs, originally anyway.

Curious, Which 32 Chrysler kit are you building ?

I've though about that also. The clips would be another issue. This is the AMT kit from the Connoisseur Classics release.

3 hours ago, Jantrix said:

I've though about that also. The clips would be another issue. This is the AMT kit from the Connoisseur Classics release.

As good as my eyes are at pushing 70 yo, a little coat of glue painting the tips silver would serve fine for clips lol. I just need the allusion or suggestion at this stage of the game.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:18 AM, Dave G. said:

I've never done one of these, but this seems like a pretty good solution. Here's a pic of a similar engine I pulled off the net.

Edit: This may be a Packard engine?

packard-002.JPG

Edited by NOBLNG