Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

This is the first shot of a new model for me.  Its different from my normal stuff but it caught my eye 

20190805_195636.thumb.jpg.49888f9873808d4900a9e6fd73b93dd1.jpg

 

20190805_195607.thumb.jpg.faa6786da3413e3aad93309884cb8c91.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great!  There are probably a dozen different variations of that kit.  I have probably 6 of them, but not that one.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool project. I have the Star kebab version of that kit. Some of the versions have figures with them aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured I would give a quick update. For some reason the tamiya red paint I used was drying dull red in random spots. I tried to sand the spots and go again. I finally got it all even and went to do a gloss coat but got distracted and put on a small spot way too heavy. I sanded it down there and went to do again and some reason I got very tiny bubbles in the paint. I sanded again but had to take it down to the plastic because I couldn't get it even. I washed it all off and going to try again. I might just pick a different red since this can might be bad.

In the past I would have either tossed it or given up but this is such a neat model I want to get it right. 

Sad part, the spot messed up would have been covered by another piece so I could have left it and would not be visible 

Edited by youpey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 6:08 PM, youpey said:

I figured I would give a quick update. For some reason the tamiya red paint I used was drying dull red in random spots.

If your weather's anything like NY's weather right now, that's probably due to high humidity...I shot a few spoons the other day to see if it was dry enough in our apartment with the air con for the paint to dry nicely but it blushed and went flat pretty quickly.

Cool project though!  I like it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CabDriver said:

If your weather's anything like NY's weather right now, that's probably due to high humidity...I shot a few spoons the other day to see if it was dry enough in our apartment with the air con for the paint to dry nicely but it blushed and went flat pretty quickly.

Cool project though!  I like it!

That is probably it. Its been pretty horrible lately. I remember saying it was super disgusting outside when I painted it 

 

I haven't repainted it yet. Been so lazy lately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, youpey said:

That is probably it. Its been pretty horrible lately. I remember saying it was super disgusting outside when I painted it 

 

I haven't repainted it yet. Been so lazy lately 

Humidity last week when I painted was 80-something percent, and today my Alexa told me it was only 50%, so I gave it a shot and laid down three almost-perfect coats of clear.  Makes a HUGE difference, I've realised this past week or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...