2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Also, there's no such work as "snuck," so stop using it. B):lol:

But "I snooked up on him" sounds weird :D

A conversation in my local bar recently:

Bartender: "Did you hear about Joey?  He drank and driv' and got caught"

Customer: "He did whaaa?"

Bartender: "He DRANK, then he DRAVE!"

??

(Just trying to get conversation loosely back to cars here :D )

Edited by CabDriver

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Wasn't that a Mel Gibson line in Road Warrior

I never saw it, but maybe!  I assumed years of working in a dirty smelly Brooklyn dive-bar just pickled his English somewhat :D

36 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

The past tense of "throw" in certain parts of Noo Yawk is "trun", as in, "I trun a scare in 'im."

I'm having enough trouble figuring out the Italian-American-English that they all speak in our new neighborhood :D

Looks like this thread has become perfect candidate for the Off Topic forum. ????️??

Hmm. look at all the emojis we now have (after the forum update).  Do people really need all those to communicate? I basically use less than half a dozen. With all the ones available now, I'll be spending more time looking for the perfect emoji to use, than I am spending on typing a posts. And yet, with all those emojis, I don't see a simple face-palm one.

That looks like a real problem Peter. I count 16 in the whole thread not counting quotes and most of those are single uses.

and that's out of thirty post, a little more  than half. Yep, a real problem.

If YOU feel a need to use all those emojis go right ahead my friend.

Edited by Greg Myers

It seems to me the misconception here is the fact that Future has changed it's name or was bought out by another company. we are still discussing a similar product and it's use in model car building.

Looking at the first post it became clear the problem comes from the fact that many here, my friend included have been using a product called Future that they may have purchased long ago hence the obsolete name.

It's still the same concept, so let's just except the fact that we all use Kleenex, cresent wrenches, and many other products that have names that have moved into the public domain.

Future, Pledge, same , same.? There Peter, just one emoji for you.

Off-Track.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers

On 8/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, Greg Myers said:

It seems to me the misconception here is the fact that Future has changed it's name or was bought out by another company. we are still discussing a similar product and it's use in model car building.

Looking at the first post it became clear the problem comes from the fact that many here, my friend included have been using a product called Future that they may have purchased long ago hence the obsolete name.

It's still the same concept, so let's just except the fact that we all use Kleenex, cresent wrenches, and many other products that have names that have moved into the public domain.

Future, Pledge, same , same.? There Peter, just one emoji for you.

Off-Track.jpg

My emoji comment was not directed at you, or even about this thread.  I just noticed that the latest forum update enabled lots of emojis. Since, as the moderator stated in his post here, this thread has been derailed, I figured that I would pile on some more OT stuff (emojis). ?

As for the "Future", I have no problem using that well-established name for the floor finish product we use in our hobbies.  What I had a problem with was calling it "furniture polish". It is not (nor it ever was) a furniture polish.

Edited by peteski