Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone Familiar With Fink's Garage?

Are you still casting the vw wheels? I keep an eye on your eBay page but haven't seen any listings in a while.   I've been looking for old school wide five jackmans, kind of like what you have but without the ribbing on the deep wheels.

On August 9, 2019 at 8:14 AM, Finks Garage said:

I haven't cast anything in awhile. I don't have any of the Jackmans in my poured inventory or for that fact any of the deep dish rims. If life slows down a little in the coming weeks I might see if my stock of resin is good and pour up some

Thanks I'll keep an eye out, I got some raider wheels from you like maybe two years ago(?) off of eBay and really like them.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay those are honestly pretty rough. If casters are still casting with open back one part molds then I feel sorry for those buying them thinking there the standard. Advise: Use two part molds, degas your silicone anyway, brush your first bit of silicone into the part, don't sell your rejects as standard parts. Pic is of how I send out parts.

HSW-1_2502.jpg

11 hours ago, ScottH454 said:

Okay those are honestly pretty rough. If casters are still casting with open back one part molds then I feel sorry for those buying them thinking there the standard. Advise: Use two part molds, degas your silicone anyway, brush your first bit of silicone into the part, don't sell your rejects as standard parts. Pic is of how I send out parts.

HSW-1_2502.jpg

Scott, 

I sell what I sell, I show photos of the parts I sell as you see above on my eBay listings. I do open back molds for my rims. The end user has to sand the back to remove some flash. These aren't rejects.

If you don't like them, don't buy them. And thanks for the resin casting lesson. Been doing this since the late 90's, I got this.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...