Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Butch Leal A990

jjsipes

I'm at it again. Had some left over Scale Finishes Calypso Coral paint from my 1970 Boss 302 and thought I'd get this ready for paint. Using Tamiya Champagne Gold for the interior. I'm going to try and use the White decals to see how they work. I haven't really seen anybody build this kit yet to see if they have any bleed thru of color. I really should finish up some more models before starting more but, oh well.

20190806_101421.jpg

20190806_130814.jpg

20190806_130833.jpg

20190807_121214.jpg

Edited by jjsipes

Better shot of interior color. I tried to work on the dash a little to de-trim it and add a radio delete plate. Wheel and tire choice is kit supplied tires with kit supplied steelies for rear and Moebius Cragars from their 65 Comet for the front

20190807_145521.jpg

20190807_150205.jpg

Edited by jjsipes

• 2 weeks later...

Tried one of the side decals last night, wanted to see if the color would bleed thru the white. Color bleed was minimal but had to remove it (good thing I have a few extra kits). It stuck to the body with a few small wrinkles and could not move the decal to smooth them out. Tried everything but it stuck tighter than anything. I'll try again another night, hopefully will go better.

Yea, those decals are pretty huge. Eventually I’ll build one of mine into the actual race car. I’ve been avoiding it because of those decals. 

Looks pretty good to me though. I think you did a good job with them. A tiny dab of white paint on the rear might do the trick. 

Edited by Brutalform