Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Nissan Skyline GT-R by Tamiya

Cody60D

Here is the latest in several builds I have completed since I returned to the hobby earlier this year. Late last year, my deceased friends brother approached me to help clear out his vast model car collection, and among his estate was a few stacks of unbuilt Aoshima and Tamiya kits from the early 1990s, as well as built models. Given earlier that year I made a friend in school who loved building, while I clutched my beloved AutoArt and Kyosho diecasts close I saw it as a sign that I needed to get back in. Anyways, I have built several that have come out pretty well, from the fantastic, if daunting Tamiya Enzo, to a half-built Tamiya Mini given to me that faced its own challenges I like to think with each kit I am trying something new and learning something as I return after a several year hiatus. This kit was using a lighter color, as well as getting something like this shade to look good when wetsanded, etc. Wetsanded at 1500, then 3000, car detailing polish to restore the shine, and then Novus 2 to bring it out.

I made it in Tamiya TS34 Camel Yellow, at the suggestion of a friend. Too many R34s are built in Bayside Blue, so an iconic yellow would greatly set this apart.

YPa7IHN.jpgH4p9I26.jpg