Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Land Rover Series 3 109 inch

GeeBee

7 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

Color me a shade of excited for this one.

Time to fire up the research machine and find out what the body color options are.

Roof panel was always Limestone 

LR139-11-80.75m-01.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

This is great news . I have been wanting a Land Rover kit for a very long time. It  probably is overly ambitious but I would like to attempt a replica of this particular Land Rover

2 Canadians, 14 months, 4 continents, and 60,000 km in a Land Rover in 1957

Image result for robert bateman land rover

18 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

This is great news . I have been wanting a Land Rover kit for a very long time. It  probably is overly ambitious but I would like to attempt a replica of this particular Land Rover

I've seen something very similar in resin. I think it was kitformservices and possibly an military ambulance version

17 minutes ago, Phildaupho said:

That would be a cool version to build. If memory serves, one of the drivers was Robert Bateman, before becoming famous as a noted wildlife artist.

4 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

I expect 90%+ of the 1:1 versions were built as right-hand-drive, but the box artwork makes it look as tho this kit will be left-hand-drive.  Can anyone confirm this?

Yes,the kit comes with L/H/D and R/H/D dashboards, I've been told it is planned for release in the 4th quarter of this year, so should be out pretty soon, of course back when the Series 3 was current,a lot of them were sold to Ex British Empire or Commonwealth countries, so would have been R/H/D, although they were popular in other European countries, which would have been L/H/D 

12 hours ago, 64Comet404 said:

That would be a cool version to build. If memory serves, one of the drivers was Robert Bateman, before becoming famous as a noted wildlife artist.

Right you are. The Land Rover had been restored to exactly how it looked during the trip and it is very cool.