Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Land Rover Series 3 109 inch

GeeBee

1 minute ago, martinfan5 said:

It will be interesting to see who get's theirs first , its a race between Canada and USA ?

Definitely the US.....Canada Customs is awful. Especially the closer we get to Christmas. Normally from the UK my orders are 5-10 days. I've got a kit inbound from Hiroboy and it's already been 12 days and not shown up....and one over 20 days from Japan. 

I'm in no hurry for the Land Rover....I have a Brian James trailer I'm going to build with the Land Rover in the new year so whenever is fine with me.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Got mine today from the UK eBay seller.   Bought on the 13th, received today the 26th in fine condition...

The UK eBay seller shipped mine on the 15th so I guess I'm next!  

I tried to give the info to a friend of mine yesterday, but I noticed that the price went from $27.99 US postpaid to $32.99 and was listed as out of stock.

My 2 Land Rovers arrived today, from shop4megastore in the UK. Ordered them on 11/14, so 11/27 is not bad for (FREE!) shipping to the US. 

Due to rough handling, I guess, the corners of both boxes were crushed pretty badly.  Since the bodies are right at the end of the box, I opened them up to make sure they were OK.  Both bodies were fine. 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:41 PM, Tom Geiger said:

The UK eBay seller shipped mine on the 15th so I guess I'm next!  

I tried to give the info to a friend of mine yesterday, but I noticed that the price went from $27.99 US postpaid to $32.99 and was listed as out of stock.

These guys did the same thing when the Ford GTLM was released. I ordered one of their first round for like $25US then once those were sold out their second round jump to like $32US. After a few rounds at that price they dipped again once craze had died down some and since then their relisting of the Fords have stayed around $25, I expect the Land Rover's will do the same.

I think i know which seller you guys bought from. Starts with a k?  I've stopped buying from them after my last order arrived almost flattened. The free shipping is attractive but I prefer to pay and get my kits inside a box instead of wrapped in a thin sheet of cardboard.

8 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Shop4megastore.com is where I bought mine. Thin cardboard diaper wrapped around box.

eBay seller 'shop_us_store' is where I bought mine..not sure if it's the same vendor or not.  Ringtop Ltd in Chesterfield, S. Yorkshire, UK.   The box was slightly creased, but RoG one-piece boxes are awful to begin with... too bad they don't switch to Japanese-style two-piece boxes... 

Edited by Rob Hall

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

eBay seller 'shop_us_store' is where I bought mine..not sure if it's the same vendor or not.  Ringtop Ltd in Chesterfield, S. Yorkshire, UK.   The box was slightly creased, but RoG one-piece boxes are awful to begin with... too bad they don't switch to Japanese-style two-piece boxes... 

even if revell put a ring of cardboard around the contents would help to give the box edges strength, and make it easier to get the contents in the boxes but i guess that few pennies less is worth it to them even with all of us hating their boxes