Model Cars Magazine Forum

IH Home coming Photo's

Great pictures of some might fine looking hardware.  A gentleman in my neighborhood has one of the older IH pickups, he drive quite often.  I hate getting behind him because it does smoke a bit and I believe it definitely is "granny-geared", top speed behind him is never over 45 mph.

Maybe I am missing something, but I wonder about the yellow log-hauler.  I do not see any way that load can articulate.  How does it turn?

1.jpg

4 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Great pictures of some might fine looking hardware.  A gentleman in my neighborhood has one of the older IH pickups, he drive quite often.  I hate getting behind him because it does smoke a bit and I believe it definitely is "granny-geared", top speed behind him is never over 45 mph.

Maybe I am missing something, but I wonder about the yellow log-hauler.  I do not see any way that load can articulate.  How does it turn?

1.jpg

Each bunk (the things the logs are resting in) pivots as the truck turns.

I can not believe someone built an IH mobile home toter almost exactly how I’m building mine! ( the 1/25 one in the last pic.) The only things different is that mine will have white front fenders and chrome two hole wheels. Even the bed I built completely from scratch looks exactly the same?? Just when you think you’re building something unique!

CA82F0D4-84CD-4E13-B740-5B84EB9A0F7F.png

9F77366D-0E79-4B6C-83EA-BB456C7D01FD.jpeg

BC79B94C-7653-4FCA-A2B2-EA593E7E3B40.jpeg

77B94E7C-4A2B-4547-B4FB-BF9FA47BBE89.jpeg

Edited by Ben

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Just when you think you’re building something unique!

That and the kit's in the display cases were all made by the Late Bill Eichhorn. That 4300 logging truck is highly detailed! and needs to be seen in person as do all of his IH build's

29 minutes ago, ranma said:

That and the kit's in the display cases were all made by the Late Bill Eichhorn. That 4300 logging truck is highly detailed! and needs to be seen in person as do all of his IH build's

I remember seeing that 4300 logger years ago. Love it!!

23 minutes ago, ranma said:

A few more pictures of Some of Bill's truck found online. Bill passed away in 2012..

2012-12-10-16.13.38w.jpg

2012-12-10-16.15.52w.jpg

th (22).jpg

IMG_1813w.jpg

2012-12-10-16.49.47w.jpg

Outstanding builds! His toter is a lighter duty than mine. Looks like he used old Pinecrest Resin cabs on it and a couple other trucks in those pics. Does the museum own them now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 2:21 PM, ranma said:

That and the kits in the display cases were all made by the Late Bill Eichhorn. That 4300 logging truck is highly detailed! and needs to be seen in person as do all of his IH builds

Just to clarify, yes, Bill was an excellent model builder. The trucks mentioned below are the ones he built, mostly using resin castings from his Pinecrest Models Company, he was a true master modeler:

Built Models – Bill Eichhorn – 1961 – 2012
Honoring a friend too soon departed

Bill was a close friend and excellent modeler in several hobbies. Model trucks were his major building focus but he also built cars, trains, ships and planes occasionally. In the ’80’s, he started, along with his father, a model truck and car resin conversion kit company called Pinecrest Scale Models, long since out of business. Listed below are some of his models that his father gave me after Bill’s passing.

1910 International Auto Wagon – Revell 1:32 Scale

1978 International Trailer Toter – Resin 1:25 Scale

1978 International Tractor  – ABF Resin 1:25 Scale

1984 International F-9300 Tractor and Livestock Trailer - Resin 1:25 Scale

1990 International 8300 Aero Straight Truck – Resin 1:25 Scale

1990 International Dump Truck – Resin 1:50 Scale

2006 International 4400RV –  Plastic Toy Modified 1:24 Scale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The models below are the models built by me (David Palmeter). I was fortunate to be the guy at International Trucks in charge of Product Information so I worked with the model companies when they wanted to do an International model, in return, I got very early test shots:

DSCN1212.thumb.JPG.95c6a5844127c41eb6ae39fe57b90267.JPG

1571547516_IMG_1284(Edited).thumb.JPG.87beb03dd2c69a6337f88ac2a70850f5.JPG

856760047_IMG_7102(Edited).PNG.3f57b270a2a87f9c36b9e288de694f6d.PNG

1:25 Scale – Ertl 8001 Modified
1984 International 42/4370 Logger

- Built by David Palmeter
- Converted 4270 kit before the 4370 kit was released
- Power steering and air conditioning added
- Complete piping and hoses added
- AMT log trailer fully detailed

-                                                                                          -

1:25 Scale – Ertl 8000
1972 International CO-4070A

- Built by David Palmeter from test shot parts
- First EVER Ertl plastic kit
- First EVER International plastic truck kit
- First EVER Ertl International kit built outside Ertl
- Has details not released on the production kit
- They had tooled nut detail to allow poseable
   steering but they were troublesome to mold
   so production kits don’t have them

image.png.6a944cd74c9be946a2a37488f18cad35.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-1:25 Scale – Ertl 8001
1973 International 4270

- Built by David Palmeter - Test Shot Cab and Hood
- Built on CO-4070A chassis
- 4270 chassis parts not yet available

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1:25 Scale – Ertl 8010
1974 International Paystar 5000 Dump Truck

- Built by David Palmeter
- Early production kit

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1:25 Scale – Ertl 8026
1977 International S-Series F-2674

- Built by David Palmeter - Test Shot Cab and Hood
- Built on 5000 Chassis
- Note wrong front bumper angle, corrected in production

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Rick for posting his pictures!

David

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 1:53 PM, Ben said:

Outstanding builds! His toter is a lighter duty than mine. Looks like he used old Pinecrest Resin cabs on it and a couple other trucks in those pics. Does the museum own them now?

Bill was Pinecrest. 

I believe most are in a private collection now

Two of my modeling friends who left too soon, Bill and his father Andy were also into fire truck builds. I had the pleasure of first meeting them at a local hobby shop where I had some fire apparatus on display. Friendship was established that day. They gained a great respect from me due to the extraordinary  skills in model building. Many a travels with them to shows and displays, shared meals and warm welcomes to each others home and was great to meet the aunts who replaced Andy's wife and Bill's mother. Pinecrest was a very special and short lived resin source. We exchanged modeling ideas and even one conversation with Bill helped him when he was obtaining his MBA from Notre Dame. Always in memories and always missed.

Example of building prowess, Moon township rescue fully equipped.

2v2EyvBSexwhifW.jpg

Dave Palmeter and Bill at GLMFAA/NNL meets at the Toledo Toy Fair, unknown date

2v2EyvBbJxwhifW.jpg

greg

Edited by GLMFAA1
added photos