Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock - Landy

johnwitzke

My 1964 Dodge 330 Super Stock driven by Dick Landy is moving along.  The 426 Race Hemi is taking shape, still detailing left to do.  I really like the photo etch grill.  Paint came out great, leaving as single stage to replicate the real car in 1964.  Goal is to have completed in time for the Heartland Nationals in Bellevue NE Oct 5th.  

20190811_192544_resized.jpg

20190811_192639_resized.jpg

I painted the intake black and the engine compartment will be black as well.  I know the. restored car has a silver engine compartment and the intake manifold is orange, but back in the day, both were black.

1964-Dodge-330-clipping.jpg

Edited by johnwitzke

• 1 month later...

Nice job on the screens to make those stacks look realistic. 

That grill looks 50 times better than the kit supplied piece. (Hemi with the inner light omitted.) I didn’t know there were PE parts for this car.  I’ve accent washed mine with different acrylic paints, and it still looked horrible, so I just gave up. 

Edited by Brutalform

Thanks Tom.  I like yours as well.  So I have built Ford and Dodge Super Stocks, next up I think I will do a couple of Super Duty Pontiac's.  I have 1963 Lemans coupe and Tempest wagon kits and the decals.  I have been wanting to start these.

Edited by johnwitzke

I used the photo etched grille in one of my old builds.  And I sure improves the front of the car so much better.

BUT, keep in mind the moulding across the top of the grill is attached to the hood on the 1/1 car. So there will be no moulding across the top if the hood is up .

THORN-06.jpg

Edited by gtx6970