Model Cars Magazine Forum

2019 GULF Challenge (model/diecast/hot wheels)

Hi everyone!

I've started a GULF challenge / community build.

I know some of ya'll have a spare model to throw a gulf livery at! 

I just wanna see everyones custom GULF paint jobs. On my yt channel, I'd like to make a video with all the builds, like a slideshow for all to see. (with builders permission of course).

For more info, check out my yt video and let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.  

17 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

I am interested in joining. When does this build end?

I really don't want it to end, take your time no rush.

And also, if you post pics in this thread, just please let me know if I have permission to add them to my "gulf" video in my yt channel so everyone else can see these amazing pieces of work!

4 hours ago, sure rock co models said:

I really don't want it to end, take your time no rush.

And also, if you post pics in this thread, just please let me know if I have permission to add them to my "gulf" video in my yt channel so everyone else can see these amazing pieces of work!

Great! It might be a little bit until I can get to it, but count me in! Should I post WIP pics too, or just completed build pics?

6 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

Great! It might be a little bit until I can get to it, but count me in! Should I post WIP pics too, or just completed build pics?

No problem at all. I personally love seeing WIPs so, yeah lets see them too. When I create the video, I will make that of complete builds in most cases, unless something comes in scratchbuilt ish and needs to be shown to everyone. 

On 8/14/2019 at 12:35 AM, sure rock co models said:

No problem at all. I personally love seeing WIPs so, yeah lets see them too. When I create the video, I will make that of complete builds in most cases, unless something comes in scratchbuilt ish and needs to be shown to everyone. 

Sounds good! I’ll be building a semi box stock 2010 Shelby GT500 in Gulf Livery.

4 hours ago, mchook said:

I'm sure that these aren't what your looking for but I did make them Gulf colors & used Gulf decals. Everything behind the cab of the cabover is all scratch built & I built the boom on the 53 too.

Those are fantastic! Great work. 

Actually, that is exactly what I am looking for. I'd like to see and also show everyone's custom gulf livery. Those are great examples and should help open the door to everyone that all types of vehicles are accepted! It is limitless!  Keep them coming everyone! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...