Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
89AKurt

1934 Bugatti Aérolithe - Jay Leno’s Garage

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

It was The Guild that built this car. The owner guy with the crazy shirts is in the vid.

You are correct Dan.

it was built  in  Bradford Ontario, about 30miles north of Toronto. It was documented on the reality TV show. IIRC, once done it was taken to Saudi Arabi where it was unveiled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

It was The Guild that built this car. The owner guy with the crazy shirts is in the vid.

Oops, thanks for the correction, I'm more into the custom shows than the resto shows so they tend to blend together for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rider said:

You are correct Dan.

it was built  in  Bradford Ontario, about 30miles north of Toronto. It was documented on the reality TV show. IIRC, once done it was taken to Saudi Arabi where it was unveiled. 

Yup. Grainger and his shop are top notch!

If I lived closer to them, pretty sure I would have spent my career working there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, restoman said:

Yup. Grainger and his shop are top notch!

If I lived closer to them, pretty sure I would have spent my career working there. 

👍

The show had some pretty cool projects. It's the only 'reality' TV show I miss. Any idea where the car and the guy who commissioned 'The Car' build ended up? That was one crazy over budget build that went no where. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, Rider said:

👍

The show had some pretty cool projects. It's the only 'reality' TV show I miss. Any idea where the car and the guy who commissioned 'The Car' build ended up? That was one crazy over budget build that went no where. 

No idea.

I follow the Guild on facebook and once in a while watch them on youtube but I've never seen that car mentioned...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the Leno' s garage video with great interest. My jaw literally dropped when they related that the car was dropped from a height of seven feet when being unloaded with some idiot driving a lift truck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...