Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
3men2s

1986 IMSA/GTO ROUSH MUSTANG

Recommended Posts

WOW!! I am working on the Ribbs version of that kit....but it will not look that good!! Nice to see these kits done well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice detail! Brings back memories of these cars. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Van said:

WOW!! I am working on the Ribbs version of that kit....but it will not look that good!! Nice to see these kits done well.

Thank you, If I ever get to it, I would like to Make Willy's Roush Capri, using the mustang as a base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely well built and detailed. It was a great era of the Trans-Am series which appears to very strong again today. Too bad we will never get to build models of the cars currently racing in the series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really well done, love the twins together..... One of these days I need to find one of these kits to build..... great job>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3men2s said:

Thank you, If I ever get to it, I would like to Make Willy's Roush Capri, using the mustang as a base.

How about a few build details???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

How about a few build details???

I think kit batching a factory capri with the GTO. Need the hatch back with oval glass, tail lights and the front I think I can scratch built with plastic, no real headlights, there were stickers. Again, let me say is just an idea but have not have time.

6682ba949e1d24b5a2846eaf219c415a--mercury-capri-industrial.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 3men2s said:

I think kit batching a factory capri with the GTO. Need the hatch back with oval glass, tail lights and the front I think I can scratch built with plastic, no real headlights, there were stickers. Again, let me say is just an idea but have not have time.

6682ba949e1d24b5a2846eaf219c415a--mercury-capri-industrial.jpg

I'm designing that Capri right now. The front end is easy.......that back hatch and glass is tougher. I think Randy Derr did one....I may need to contact him and ask if he still has the buck for that rear glass. Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Extremely well built and detailed. It was a great era of the Trans-Am series which appears to very strong again today. Too bad we will never get to build models of the cars currently racing in the series.

Thanks, about todays cars, They are starting to make some like the C7R Corvette and the FORD GT. also there are other manufactures making the new PORSCHES. and the BMW, ACURA and AUDI. Dont care much for the IMSA prototypes right now but the GT classes are on fire

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, 3men2s said:

Thanks, about todays cars, They are starting to make some like the C7R Corvette and the FORD GT. also there are other manufactures making the new PORSCHES. and the BMW, ACURA and AUDI. Dont care much for the IMSA prototypes right now but the GT classes are on fire

 

I just finished the two Monogram Ford GTP front engine kits. While working on them I watched the IMSA race from Road America. The GTP cars are all ugly looking 'things'.  Nothing like the old Probe, XJR-5 or even 962......all of which I have built or on the 'to do' list. New production car based kits would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Danny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Very nice detailing.  I feel your pain on the decals.  These kits should have come with two sets.  When I build a white car with lots of graphics I usually cut out each large number or letter and apply them after trimming each one as close as possible.  Here's some I built in the 1990's.

IMG_5095.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

Edited by vamach1
Pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Way cool!

 

I have many of these IMSA Mustang kits. I like to build them someday but unfortunately all the kits have bad decals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, webestang said:

Way cool!

 

I have many of these IMSA Mustang kits. I like to build them someday but unfortunately all the kits have bad decals. 

Check them out.  No excuse now.

IMG_5100.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Check them out.  No excuse now.

Thanks so much! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, webestang said:

Way cool!

 

I have many of these IMSA Mustang kits. I like to build them someday but unfortunately all the kits have bad decals. 

get fresh decals at indycals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great build on a hot looking subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...