Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ace-Garageguy, is that . . .

peteski

Durn. And I thought it was just kid's crayons in a box, implying the boundless creativity that can be sparked by this hobby...though I've been accused in PMs of having darkly sinister motives behind many of my posts (no other comments I can possibly make without breaking dog-knows how many rules...though every one I can think of would have anyone with any sense of humor rolling in the aisles laughing).

Maybe I should just use a dog-whistle for my avatar.

17 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Durn. And I thought it was just kid's crayons in a box, implying the boundless creativity that can be sparked by this hobby...though I've been accused in PMs of having darkly sinister motives behind many of my posts (no other comments I can possibly make without breaking dog-knows how many rules...though every one I can think of would have anyone with any sense of humor rolling in the aisles laughing).

Maybe I should just use a dog-whistle for my avatar.

Not complaining Bill - just asking a question, and stirring the pot a bit (I admit it). But I had no sinister motives.  I very much value your knowledge, and info your post here.

Just went to the Wikipedia website and noticed a couple of things.  On the original color list the "Indian Red" was renamed "Chestnut" and on down the selection of "skin-tones" no longer has a "flesh", but there is one named "Peach".  I think I am just going to go crawl into my safe-place and whimper.

1 hour ago, TarheelRick said:

Just went to the Wikipedia website and noticed a couple of things.  On the original color list the "Indian Red" was renamed "Chestnut" and on down the selection of "skin-tones" no longer has a "flesh", but there is one named "Peach".  I think I am just going to go crawl into my safe-place and whimper.

Don't forget to check with your lawyer to see if there's somebody you can sue. Or better yet, have arrested, or at least fired. And alert the media! ?

2 hours ago, oldnslow said:

And you thought Bill's crayons were bad , :wacko: , not going to post the pic , but here's a link .

https://i1.wp.com/www.ifitshipitshere.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/most-crayons.jpg?w=800

Don't look if you're easily offended , you've been warned .

?️ There will be serious repercussions if CNN or NBC or any of several other mainstream "news" organizations get wind of that.

3 hours ago, oldnslow said:

And you thought Bill's crayons were bad , :wacko: , not going to post the pic , but here's a link .

https://i1.wp.com/www.ifitshipitshere.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/most-crayons.jpg?w=800

You know, it's funny but I read somewhere that "Statutory Grape" was actually a candidate for a color name when Chrysler was deciding on names for their "High Impact Colors" in 1970.

For obvious reasons, they decided on "Plum Crazy" instead. ?

Steve

19 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

You know, it's funny but I read somewhere that "Statutory Grape" was actually a candidate for a color name when Chrysler was deciding on names for their "High Impact Colors" in 1970.

For obvious reasons, they decided on "Plum Crazy" instead. ?

Steve

that is true..

trust me iwas there.jpg

Hearsay but if true his Boss had the appropriate response to the color name suggestion:

The most interesting part of the story came when he told me that after he mixed the paint color, sprayed a few test panels, and was approached by his boss. His boss asked what he intended to name the new color, to which he replied..."STATUTORY GRAPE!":wow: His boss then wryly asked him if he wanted to turn in his resignation that day or wait until tomorrow, insinuating that another name must be chosen...which lead to "Plum Crazy"

https://www.challengerforumz.com/threads/interesting-trivia-about-plum-crazy.51198/

Edited by afx

On 8/15/2019 at 4:23 AM, oldnslow said:

My wife and I had a good laugh over the whole set. She’s 37 and I’m 39. Our 16 year old son got offended and left the room shaking his head. ?

So there you have it!