Model Cars Magazine Forum
iamsuperdan

Pay It Forward. 2019 Edition. Seriously.

Posted (edited)
On 12/28/2019 at 10:14 AM, TarheelRick said:

I will claim the 65 El Camino and offer a '67 Mustang opened but complete.

DSC00418.JPG

So to get the trading back on track...I believe this is on deck? Or on hold?

Edited by 64SS350

9 hours ago, slusher said:

I am a positive person but when we get a low count new person we have had this happen. I would love to see this turn out ok...

You are absolutely correct about the low count new people. What i did when i was new and started trading was always send my end first. I think thats the best way is always let the new people send their side of the trade first. From the things I've read it usually tends to be new people  that break deals. Hopefully he had an issue at home and is busy but it usually takes just a sec to respond. I hope this works out for the good.

2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

So to get the trading back on track...I believe this is on deck? Or on hold?

Yea man that one should be good to go... the only one that stalled out is the William's F1... even though its owner claimed and received a kit.

So, the machine broke down with me, and I fully intend to deliver my end, claim the mustang, as I'm sure it will be delivered.

No, I'm good on the current choice. As much as I understand the current situation, I just didn't want us to loose track of what is up on deck.👍

17 hours ago, Bucky said:

I just clicked on his profile. It stated that his last visit was 4 hours ago....1-4-2020.

He knows and could make good if he would like to...

9 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

You are absolutely correct about the low count new people. What i did when i was new and started trading was always send my end first. I think thats the best way is always let the new people send their side of the trade first. From the things I've read it usually tends to be new people  that break deals. Hopefully he had an issue at home and is busy but it usually takes just a sec to respond. I hope this works out for the good.

When I was a new member I always offered to send mine first and when they were satisfied they could ship their end of the deal. Being burned a few times I have become leery of trading with new members. I know most people are legit and good traders, but when you find that one who wants a free kit with shipping included, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I have been on a long time but had health issues for a few years and forgot password and just got back on a couple years ago. Have not done much trading but a lot of you should know me from other sites, and a few from my model club I am in. Have traded on here and yes I did send mine off with a tracking the next day and sent tracking to who I was dealing with. Postman picks up at my house, and yes I have been burned many times but I will still give the benefit of doubt. But you know what they say what goes around comes around and I just cannot believe how many rip people off over plastic. 

Hey everyone, just as a quick note:

Let's not jump to conclusions about why someone isn't posting or replying. Let's just move on, continue and move past all the negativity.

Thanks.

Dan

Well I've had enough. It's sad that the PiF has come to this.  The only thing chasracer has not done is respond to the question of “is the Williams still up for trade“. It reads to me that this PiF went off the tracks when the spy car was offered before chasracer's response. That should not have happened. True, we would still be waiting for his response but I doubt that his name and reputation would be dragged through the mud as it sure reads to me to have been. And there would not be a three trade pile-up behind it that came afterward that seems to have angered more people.

I find it highly unlikely that chasracer came here to scam a Ramchargers kit from someone. I am also a believer of giving the benefit of the doubt. It may be news to you but you do NOT need to be signed in to read posts on the forum. Maybe he has done that and read some of the most recent posts.

Has it occurred to anyone besides me that he may now be too afraid to respond?

I would suggest that you go back through the posts in this PiF. You will find that many offerings have “sat” for a couple of weeks, or longer, before being claimed or changed to a different kit offering. This current “pause” has been 12 days. I would like to suggest that people sit back, take a deep breath and give him at least a few more days to respond. I believe that we will  hear from him soon.

And chasracer, if you read this, please send me a PM, I’d like to talk to you.

1 hour ago, DPNM said:

Well I've had enough. It's sad that the PiF has come to this.  The only thing chasracer has not done is respond to the question of “is the Williams still up for trade“. It reads to me that this PiF went off the tracks when the spy car was offered before chasracer's response. That should not have happened. True, we would still be waiting for his response but I doubt that his name and reputation would be dragged through the mud as it sure reads to me to have been. And there would not be a three trade pile-up behind it that came afterward that seems to have angered more people.

I find it highly unlikely that chasracer came here to scam a Ramchargers kit from someone. I am also a believer of giving the benefit of the doubt. It may be news to you but you do NOT need to be signed in to read posts on the forum. Maybe he has done that and read some of the most recent posts.

Has it occurred to anyone besides me that he may now be too afraid to respond?

I would suggest that you go back through the posts in this PiF. You will find that many offerings have “sat” for a couple of weeks, or longer, before being claimed or changed to a different kit offering. This current “pause” has been 12 days. I would like to suggest that people sit back, take a deep breath and give him at least a few more days to respond. I believe that we will  hear from him soon.

And chasracer, if you read this, please send me a PM, I’d like to talk to you.

4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Let's not jump to conclusions about why someone isn't posting or replying. Let's just move on, continue and move past all the negativity.

Thanks.

Dan

I'd like it to be on the record that I was never at any point trying to drag anyone's name or reputation through mud.

I will admit that I fouled up when I posted my kit before I got a reply. I also said that I would wait a few days before "jumping to any conclusions" and that I also had no real issue taking the loss.

I'm not irritated because of the kit, (I have plenty of kits) and not because I really wanted a 1/20 F1 car... (I just wanted to keep the thread going) I was actually trying to help not hurt.

The principle of the whole thing is what upsets me. I tried a PM to him, and got no response, only to find out he had been logged in on 2 separate occasions while this was ongoing.

There was and is no traffic jam, as I shipped my kit off to Classicgas, I even paid for faster shipping (and included some extras) because of this delay.

I have no real hard feelings against Chasracer...other than the silent treatment I've received (which is easily rectified), and knowing that he has received the kit he claimed.

And as for him "being afraid"...what on earth would he or should he be afraid of?

Just a simple reply would go a LONG way.

As I've already said, I have no problem, and didn't intend to create one. 

Sorry for any BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH that's came from this, I was only trying to help.

Leroy

10 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Thanks.

Dan

Well at this point it would be best...

Looks like the Mustang has put the skids on the PIF so I will add an option:  Either the Mustang or the Corvette, your choice.

DSC00418.JPG

Trade Fodder 001.JPG

Thanks Rick!

I'll take that Corvette of your hands. :)

Here are my options. Pick one.

20191102_154444.jpg.32ece03b062062206bc2a312a1fae352.jpg

20191102_154540.jpg.c4697acabe5acf5af8411abe0f6c90b8.jpg

Hello Everybody,

This is going to be wordy so please pardon me but I realize after reviewing a lot of the comments here that an explanation is needed.

My oldest grandson had some serious issues that my daughter and her husband needed some family assistance with - let's just say typical teenager stuff that's not exactly typical compared to my days. I ended up being gone for a number of weeks and during that time, my 2 year old Lenovo laptop was lifted in Florida. Along with having to change accounts and passwords plus a couple of new credit cards, I didn't have the cash available right then to replace it. I just returned this past weekend and I am now typing on a new laptop ($$$) and trying to go back through email, work issues, bills etc.

I have great hopes that we have gotten my grandson the help that he needs to get through his struggles but as I mentioned, it took a lot more time than I had envisioned when I left here.

I certainly want to make things right with everyone here.

The kit that was sent to me is still unopened and I can return it along with monies to cover the shipping that was paid to send it. The F-1 kit that I offered is gone to the dustbin, seems that some smaller child got hold of it off my workbench while I was away - and the mother freaked out about small edible parts. Yes, it's been that kind of holiday. I do have a couple of other F-1 kits if that would help.

If the people involved would let me know what they would like to do about these situations, I will take care of things.

Charles Rutherford

Thank you so much for responding! So sorry to hear about the troubles you have endured. I've had similar family and health issues that took me away from hobby time, including cruising forums. Glad to see you're back up and running!

2 hours ago, LL3 Model Worx said:

If I'm still eligible... I'll take the  Christine.

And post

15784179938871733135060824952045.thumb.jpg.acc74d81c10927f38c1a75ccf5a93efc.jpg

I'll claim the 300. I'll post a kit when I get back in the hobby room. Doing a 'hunny doo' right now!

1 hour ago, chasracer said:

Hello Everybody,

This is going to be wordy so please pardon me but I realize after reviewing a lot of the comments here that an explanation is needed.

My oldest grandson had some serious issues that my daughter and her husband needed some family assistance with - let's just say typical teenager stuff that's not exactly typical compared to my days. I ended up being gone for a number of weeks and during that time, my 2 year old Lenovo laptop was lifted in Florida. Along with having to change accounts and passwords plus a couple of new credit cards, I didn't have the cash available right then to replace it. I just returned this past weekend and I am now typing on a new laptop ($$$) and trying to go back through email, work issues, bills etc.

I have great hopes that we have gotten my grandson the help that he needs to get through his struggles but as I mentioned, it took a lot more time than I had envisioned when I left here.

I certainly want to make things right with everyone here.

The kit that was sent to me is still unopened and I can return it along with monies to cover the shipping that was paid to send it. The F-1 kit that I offered is gone to the dustbin, seems that some smaller child got hold of it off my workbench while I was away - and the mother freaked out about small edible parts. Yes, it's been that kind of holiday. I do have a couple of other F-1 kits if that would help.

If the people involved would let me know what they would like to do about these situations, I will take care of things.

Charles Rutherford

Charles, it was honestly my fault for creating this mess, not yours. I posted my kit too soon, and didn't wait for your reply.

I am sorry.

Don't worry about sending me anything, I've considered this a "lesson learned" as it was really my error.

Glad you are getting back on track, I know how family problems can be.

Bo

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

I'll claim the 300. I'll post a kit when I get back in the hobby room. Doing a 'hunny doo' right now!

PM me your address and I'll get it too you asap.

Since I claimed the '05 300, I'll post up this offering:

DSC03660-vi.jpg

Kit is unwrapped, but parts bag is still sealed, as well as the chrome. Tires are in a ziplock bag.

Chasracer, sorry to hear of your problems and thanks for coming clean.

32 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Chasracer, sorry to hear of your problems and thanks for coming clean.

Sorry but I do not understand your comment.... "coming clean" would indicate that I had done something wrong and I have not.

Are you serious?  You are on the forum and ignore your responsibility here, and you did nothing wrong?