Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller Talbot Record

randyc

Your paintwork is outstanding on this build! I wonder exactly-what the metal plate underneath (just beyond the engine), is supposed to represent? I realize it's probably a reinforcement feature but just seems a bit unusual to my eye... like one of those details added by the kit manufacturer just to add some visual-interest to a rather plain-looking area.

Looking forward to seeing this build up on its wheels!

Looking good Randy.  I am getting jealous of your productivity but keep the pictures coming.

I believe the metal plate is the bottom of the transmission which is separate from the bell housing.  You can see it in the drawing by looking over the front wheel.

Talbot-Lago-T26-Record-Cabriolet-by-Antem_024.thumb.jpg.cb3206314626ccd93f2472b8d602d472.jpg

Edited by Gramps46

You are doing a fine job on this build, Randy..... and like you, I really enjoyed building this 1950 Talbot Lago T26 Record Cabriolet by Heller. They are usually painted in blue, but I chose to paint mine in cream with brown upholstery.  This builds up into a very nice scale model motor car. Liking your choice of Root beer metallic extreme lacquer.

David

101_0514.JPG

3 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Your paintwork is outstanding on this build! I wonder exactly-what the metal plate underneath (just beyond the engine), is supposed to represent? I realize it's probably a reinforcement feature but just seems a bit unusual to my eye... like one of those details added by the kit manufacturer just to add some visual-interest to a rather plain-looking area.

Looking forward to seeing this build up on its wheels!

Thanks.  The paint is not as good as photos show.   HAs some orange peel.   But I'm building for a guy that doesn't mind and I hate polishing paint.   So I'll likely leave it.

I suspect the metal plate is the transmission.   I will paint it a dark metallic next time I am working on the car.  

2 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Looking good Randy.  I am getting jealous of your productivity but keep the pictures coming.

I believe the metal plate is the bottom of the transmission which is separate from the bell housing.  You can see it in the drawing by looking over the front wheel.

Don''t be jealous.   As I have said on many of these builds, they are mostly for someone else.   guy pays me in models and cash to build for him.  I like the building process better than the displaying part, so we both win.  This one may have to stay at my house for a while though.  It's a really nice looking car and has been a pleasure to build.

The "client"/buddy has bought me a Moebius 56 Chrysler so I'll have wheels for my 55 C300 in the Diecast section.  That's a benefit of our deal.   He has sent me some really nice Mint cars as well.   And our collections don't overlap very much so we're not competing for the same cars.  

He sent me a box the other day with 2 Tamiya (morgan 4/4 and lotus 7), 1 Hasegawa (Lancia Stratos Stradale), Testors Posche 944 Conv., and a Revell BMW Z-1 Roadster to be built when I get to them.   In addition to the 6 others at home still in line.   Of these, all but the BMW I would love to have built for me, but they just never fit my collection and were always kinda pricey.  So I get to build and enjoy for a while, then turn them over to him.  

No rush from him and he understands my process and timing.  

2 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

You are doing a fine job on this build, Randy..... and like you, I really enjoyed building this 1950 Talbot Lago T26 Record Cabriolet by Heller. They are usually painted in blue, but I chose to paint mine in cream with brown upholstery.  This builds up into a very nice scale model motor car. Liking your choice of Root beer metallic extreme lacquer.

David

Yours is very nice as well.  Love the colors.   Strangely, I couldn't find a blue one on the internet that seemed to match up with the box art.   And I really wanted to use this root beer on a full car.   Seemed like these could be about any color.  Guy I'm building for says top down - he's big into roadsters and convertibles.   So I'll probably see if I can pu the top together as a drop on item if he wants to use it.   

2 hours ago, randyc said:

Yours is very nice as well.  Love the colors.   Strangely, I couldn't find a blue one on the internet that seemed to match up with the box art.   And I really wanted to use this root beer on a full car.   Seemed like these could be about any color.  Guy I'm building for says top down - he's big into roadsters and convertibles.   So I'll probably see if I can pu the top together as a drop on item if he wants to use it.   

Here are the blue ones, Randy.....

David

Talbot_Top_Down.jpg

Talbot_Top_Up.jpg

Here's another photo.  Up on wheels.  At least temporarily.  The body still needs stuff added.  No steering wheel or dash yet.  

Just a note: when building the front suspension, test fit the spindles carefully.  Do not force them into the a frames.  Probably have to open those holes up a little for spindles to drop in.  That is about the only weird thing I have encountered so far.  

IMG_20190818_105650674.jpg