Model Cars Magazine Forum

Senco Air Compresser ?

Lots of decent online reviews, occasional negative comments about build quality. The tank's kinda tiny, so I'd probably recommend getting a larger pressure reservoir if you want really well-regulated air pressure for airbrushing (but that's just me; there are probably loads of folks who can get by with that cute little tank). Air reservoirs are easy to cobble up from old propane tanks. A good dryer / filter and regulator mounted as far from the tank as you can conveniently get it (compressors heat air; hot air holds more water vapor; cooler air farther from the tank is easier for your water trap to dry effectively), and you should be good to go.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:22 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Lots of decent online reviews, occasional negative comments about build quality. The tank's kinda tiny, so I'd probably recommend getting a larger pressure reservoir if you want really well-regulated air pressure for airbrushing (but that's just me; there are probably loads of folks who can get by with that cute little tank). Air reservoirs are easy to cobble up from old propane tanks. A good dryer / filter and regulator mounted as far from the tank as you can conveniently get it (compressors heat air; hot air holds more water vapor; cooler air farther from the tank is easier for your water trap to dry effectively), and you should be good to go.

u must be one of them picky builders that everything gotta be just right and pretty for u to build. u might even ware white gloves..lol..they is nothing wrong with his tiny tank as u called it..i run a air compressor that has no tank ..comes on when u push the trigger..goes off when u let off..and it holds what ever pressure u set it at..

On 8/15/2019 at 7:50 PM, Jon Haigwood said:

Anybody have any experience with a Senco ? I picked this one up at Goodwill today for $40 seems to run great ,1/2 hp with 1.4 cfm

20190815_172544.jpg.91b3dd45ff237f779f6031c509cca808.jpg 

ant nothing wrong with that compressor..great find..make sure u put a inline moister- water trap on it..

6 hours ago, yh70 said:

u must be one of them picky builders that everything gotta be just right and pretty for u to build. u might even ware white gloves..lol..they is nothing wrong with his tiny tank as u called it..i run a air compressor that has no tank ..comes on when u push the trigger..goes off when u let off..and it holds what ever pressure u set it at..

Yeah. Kinda like the picky way I write in actual English, with stuff like spelling and punctuation.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy