Model Cars Magazine Forum

New project on tap

Hello group hope all are well. I am going to be redoing a project I started a couple of years back. I have an AMT KW K123 I started. Originally painted her with a yellow cab, and a Brown frame and associated parts. Now I don't have a ton of successes I can claim but on this one I did. I successfully was able to attach the suspension and the axles out of alignment. Wow. So I have decided to start the project over with a new rear suspension system and repainting the cab and frame. The frame is easy. I will repaint it in semi gloss Black, and aluminum tanks. The cab color is the difficult choice. I am looking at Blue, Green, or Red, and planning on doing it in a Tamiya lacquer. If anyone has an opinion I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Edited by JerseeJerry55

8 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Hi guys. Sorry if the pictures show it up as something different. It's Testors One Coat Gloss Bronze as seen below.

1847MT_0717_TES_3oz_ExtremeLacquer_Bronze_480x480.png

So did you put down a primer coat first?   Or just shoot this stuff on bare plastic ?   Just reading the can label it says it's a paint and primer all-in-one.   Haven't used that before so I'm curious!

14 hours ago, Goodwrench3 said:

So did you put down a primer coat first?   Or just shoot this stuff on bare plastic ?   Just reading the can label it says it's a paint and primer all-in-one.   Haven't used that before so I'm curious!

Primer then shot the lacquer. I know you don’t have to prime but I generally do.