Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th scale Rat Rod VW

Darren B

Great build, I look forward to the rest. I started to build this kit a couple of years ago but paused it when I had problems fitting the body to the interior and chassis maybe I applied too thick paint. Anyway watching your build got my interest back in having another go with mine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 5:51 AM, dbostream said:

Great build, I look forward to the rest. I started to build this kit a couple of years ago but paused it when I had problems fitting the body to the interior and chassis maybe I applied too thick paint. Anyway watching your build got my interest back in having another go with mine.

Have some more updates, but very little. Having a builders block on how to finish weathering on body, how to hide the attachment points on the underside of hood where the hinges meet. Hope you finish yours soon, would like to see it.

7 hours ago, Erik Smith said:

Looks great so far Darren. Your models always crack me up - love the no-holds-barred approach to doing whatever you want. Sad about the other projects being lost - I can remember following along and enjoying each change and addition. 

Erik, thank you for following my builds. I thought by now I would be over losing the other in progress builds by now. Almost a year since it happened, but still cuts deep. Hopefully some day I can chalk it up to just a bad mistake.

Wow Darren, somehow I missed a lot of updates on this one. You've been busy!

I like the theme (really more of a composition actually) for this one and your weathering effects are very convincing.

I'm glad this popped back up in mu que.

Regards,

David G.

46 minutes ago, David G. said:

Wow Darren, somehow I missed a lot of updates on this one. You've been busy!

I like the theme (really more of a composition actually) for this one and your weathering effects are very convincing.

I'm glad this popped back up in mu que.

Regards,

David G.

David, thank you. The picture I uploaded right before this post is the idea I have for the hood, kinda like a rat rod that has aspirations to be made in to a show car. Alot of the old lowriders that were on the show circuit have ended up in the junk yard, all faded out and dull paint. That is what I am looking to make the hood look like.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 10:00 AM, Funkychiken said:

Amazing and creative build!

Thank you, I have not had an update most of February as my second daily driver mini cooper took a dump on me and have been working daily on trying to get it to run again. More to come soon.