Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th scale Rat Rod VW

Darren B

12 hours ago, David G. said:

Wait! What's going on with those headlights?

Did you put skulls in the headlights?

?

David G.

David, yes they are skulls, I should have painted them a little darker, they are hard to make out. I put rhinestones in the eye sockets to look like led's.

11 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

The cargo looks great....but what about a surfboard?  ?

I actually hand carved two surfboards for this car. I may put the junk in the back seat area and the surfboards on the roof. Or the boards first then the junk.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I just noticed I never finished adding the pics for the finished build. It has been a while and had a very tragic year. Want to get away from 2022. Lost my beautiful wife of 22 years two months ago and just now trying to get back to life. Here are the finished pics for the finished product. 

pXS9AeZv.jpeg.opt570x427o0,0s570x427.jpe

sFtmKZRJ.jpeg.opt570x427o0,0s570x427.jpe

zn94mscC.jpeg.opt570x427o0,0s570x427.jpe

Great build Darren!   I am very sorry to hear that.  I know your feelings are every where time helps you cope and deal with it.  I lost the love of my life in 92.  May Jesus comfort you, lean on him. Take care buddy..

7 minutes ago, slusher said:

Great build Darren!   I am very sorry to hear that.  I know your feelings are every where time helps you cope and deal with it.  I lost the love of my life in 92.  May Jesus comfort you, lean on him. Take care buddy..

Carl, thank you for the encouraging words, yes it's a very dark time for me but they say time heals. we will see. Thank you for the kind words. 

4 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I am terribly sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. I know this must be a very difficult time. 

If you don't mind me asking, what kit was this? I love what you did, it looks incredible. 

Thank you for the kind words, it is the revel kafer 1/16th scale kit. This is a pic of the box.

IMG_20130321_151248.jpg.opt570x427o0,0s5