Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Buick Electra 225

Shambles

Neat!  I love that kit and the fact that the tooling has survived!   I also have an original built up convertible.  Nice work and love your backdrop.

I accidentally became a Buick guy...  Back in the late 1970s when I got into real estate, I had a '73 Electra 225 four door hardtop.  I eventually gave it to my father.   I then bought a 1960 Electra 2 door hardtop which I had for over 25 years.   Now we have a 2006 LaCrosse!  

Hey Tom. I'd love to see your built up convertible. One of my grade school friend's dad owned the Buick dealership and lived in our neighborhood. When I was in high school, my mom got an '65 Electra 225 with the Wildcat engine. Black on black and pretty fast for such a huge car. My regular car was her hand-me-down '63 Dodge wagon, but she'd let me take the Buick on some dates.

In the mid 70s I was playing with 4 piece band that traveled to gigs every weekend. We had an early 70s Electra for us, and sent the equipment and roadies on ahead in our truck. Man, that was a smooth riding car. My grand parents always had Buicks so I've been a fan since an early age.

73 electra.jpg

Edited by Shambles

1 hour ago, Shambles said:

Hey Tom. I'd love to see your built up convertible. One of my grade school friend's dad owned the Buick dealership and lived in our neighborhood.

'62 Buick Convertible With Up Top'62 Buick - Rear View

Happy to comply!  I have left this one the way the original builder did it because it was done so well.  At first I didn't even notice that he removed the chrome strip from the top of the fenders above the door handle and port holes!    I've owned this at least a dozen years.

My grandparent's next door neighbor had a black '62 four door sedan.