Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy Bel Air

ATHU

43 minutes ago, BigTallDad said:

Absolutely stellar work and results.

There's a kit error that could have been addressed...the wheel on the spare tire has lug nuts; there should be holes, not nuts.

Thanks very much Ray!!

Yes you're right about the kit error. I actually drilled out the holes in the spare wheel,  just difficult to see in the pic.

17 minutes ago, ATHU said:

Thanks very much Ray!!

Yes you're right about the kit error. I actually drilled out the holes in the spare wheel,  just difficult to see in the pic.

I was thinking that too... but I took a close look and saw you had drilled them.   Many years ago there was a junkyard scene on the cover of Scale Auto or Car Modeler... and right in the foreground was a tire with lugs on it!   

19 hours ago, Shambles said:

Really nice build. Much better than mine, which crashed a few years ago and went off to Shambles Performance Salvage yard.

Thanks John!!? Nice "wrecking" job on that ´57!

Here's a 1:1 in the same color combo which took some damage, a bit sad to see actually....?

1957-Chevrolet-Bel-Air-front-right-23927098.jpg

Always been partial to '57s. Back in the late 90s, I did a 57 Sedan Delivery resto-mod. Never quite finished it but it was a fun, 6 year project that my friends helped me with. My intention (other than having fun) was to letter it up for my business and take a tax write off. Somehow, that never worked out like I'd hoped.

57-1.jpg

57-2.jpg

57-4.jpg

59 minutes ago, ATHU said:

Thanks John!!? Nice "wrecking" job on that ´57!

Here's a 1:1 in the same color combo which took some damage, a bit sad to see actually....?

1957-Chevrolet-Bel-Air-front-right-23927098.jpg

Yeah, I know what you mean.

1957chevysmashedup.jpg

Edited by Shambles

On 8/25/2019 at 11:55 PM, Shambles said:

Always been partial to '57s. Back in the late 90s, I did a 57 Sedan Delivery resto-mod. Never quite finished it but it was a fun, 6 year project that my friends helped me with. My intention (other than having fun) was to letter it up for my business and take a tax write off. Somehow, that never worked out like I'd hoped.

That's a cool looking Sedan Delivery!!?