Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Filthy Matter

JPolli

"The Hill-Zartman Willys was always called the Filthy Forty, The name was mostly the result of what happened at the 1962 Nationals when Charlie Hill deliberately put the car into the middle of a muddy field to keep onlookers away, and never bothered to wash the car prior to eliminations " - Gasser Wars.  This is my rendition of this iconic car.  

Filthy1 .jpg

Filthy 2..jpg

Filthy 3.jpg

Filthy 4.jpg

Very nice rendition.  My dad told me one time of seeing that car at York US 30 (he was a regular there with his daily driver 55 Chevy, then 61 Corvette back in the early 60's). He was most impressed when they fired it up and the downturned headers were literally blowing chunks of sod out of the ground as they drove it up to the runway for another pass. I have a partially finished slot car I bought off of a friend who was making this car, but never finished it. Guess I need to do it someday. Yours looks spot on. Great job.

Jeff

On 8/19/2019 at 8:31 AM, Snake45 said:

Somehow I'd never heard of this car, but after reading your writeup I did some googling. Wow, you really did a nice job of this--one of the best drag replicas I've seen on here. Well done and model on! B)

I hadnt heard of the car either. Did you read about the set up? A 283 turning 9500 RPMS, absolutely amazing!!!

Screenshot_2019-08-20-09-47-39-1.png

Edited by Scott8950