Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Dick Landy

jjsipes

Working on interior tub as well. Noticed that the front foot well looked shorted. Grabbed my reference pictures and sure enough, the pedals hanging off the bottom of kit dash were right up against the floor board. Not gonna get much pedal movement that way. Got to looking and seen there was room between interior tub and backside of firewall so, I had an extra interior floor, cut one off in front of the seat mount and the other 1/4" back to length the interior tub. Fits and hopefully will look more accurate. Need to flip door panels from side to side and scribe the door panel design into them (sketched it out on one them)

20190828_152943.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 9:39 PM, Nitrobarry said:

I`ve just finished some reading on the Ramchargers version of this car. I assume this is a " 2% " car yes?

Not 100% sure, but I think it depends on the time of year. At the beginning I believe they were all stock wheel bases.

3 minutes ago, jjsipes said:

Took a few minutes today and primed and sprayed my interior red after rescribbing the door panels to reflect the pattern. May shoot some Semi Gloss clear once dry depending on the sheen when dried.

20191004_133044.jpg

20191004_133055.jpg

Looking good, Jason. 

So.. those are the door panels only flipped over? You did a great job on them. I thought for a minute that they were from the Moebius 65 Belvedere interior. Maybe add a bit of panel line accent to bring out the parts you scribed?  Just a suggestion. 

Cant wait to see this build come together. 

• 3 years later...

Can't believe it has been 4 years since I touched this. Think I might try and finish this up this time. The body has been sitting on my desk since I painted it. It was covered with dirt and dust. Washed it up and grabbed my wax and rubbed it out some. Not the best pictures had to do a mock up.

20230814_191637.jpg

20230814_191643.jpg

20230814_191659.jpg

• Like 5