Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old Revell 69 and 70 Mustangs

vamach1

2 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Post some more pics of that built-up Red convertible! That is a rarely seen kit and I don't think I've EVER seen a built one and I've been in this hobby over 50 years!

Here you go.  Aside from the lack of engine compartment detail (no shock tower brace) or much else it's not a bad kit for that era.  With a little extra stuff (which I may go back and do) it makes a nice looking convertible.  I tried to come close to Indian Fire red and for the 70 it will be some shade of green (grabber or metallic maybe).  You're probably right about not seeing many built - too many are still sitting in a box or have a $100 price tag on them.  Somebody on Ebay was selling just the top for $20 - nuts.

IMG_5207.JPG

IMG_5208.JPG

IMG_5209.JPG

IMG_5210.JPG

IMG_5211.JPG

Jairus Watson built a beautiful replica of his own 1:1 scale  '69 Mustang convertible using the Revell kit . I thought  for sure it was posted somewhere on this forum but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can anyone provide a link to the pics? 

4 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

That Revell 1970 kit is another of my Holy Grail kits as I owned a 1:1 '70 Grande, (hence, my forum ID).  Thank's for adding those pics!

Yea, this my story on the 69 coupe.  My first car.  Searched for years for the kit and finally found one.  Unfortunately, when either of the coupe versions show up on eBay, they almost always sell for well over $100.  The coupe is indeed one of the rare kits.  When I got mine, I found the original roof and a resin copy in the kit.  Not sure what was going on this two tops.