Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Cadillac Sedan DeVille

Jeffcad

Today I share with you my last build, a Cadillac of course. It's a Page Resin kit, probably converted from the Fleetwood 1962 made by Johan. As it's not a mass produced kit and it is made by hand, it needs a fair amount of preparation to get the final assembly right. Overall the kit's quality is very good, comes complete with chassis, glass and bumpers but no chrome plated parts... so as it is now impossible to find someone or a company trustworthy enough to offer this service, I had to use an old wrapped JoHan donor for the chromes. These "Deville" series have never been made by Johan ( who made only Fleetwoods ) so the roof line as well as the B pillar are totally new and correct for that series, and the horizontal strips above the rear bumper as also new and accurate. Hope you'll like it ! Cheers !

IM8A5760.JPG

IM8A5756.JPG

IM8A5728.JPG

IM8A5748.JPG

IM8A5763.JPG

Edited by Jeffcad
  • Like 1

On 24 août 2019 at 6:09 PM, Shambles said:

Impressive. I've tried a couple of resin kits but didn't have much luck. I built a Johan '68 Caddy years ago. Was this the one you used for the donor?

caddy1.jpg

Hi John,

Thanks !. Resin kits need a lot of sanding and checking to make parts fit together, they are not easy ;) . Although this 62 DeVille Page Resin Cadillac kit comes complete, I had to find a old and wrapped 1962 Cadillac Fleetwood promo to use its front-rear bumpers as well as the hubcaps. I also had to convert the design of the rear bumper, because there is a grille on the Fleetwood's, a detail that sets apart this series from the other "Deville" series, where there are only horizontal strips. All the promos from 1958 to 1963 are wrapped because of the materiel used to make them at the time, so at least, taking their parts is a way to give them another life. Nice 68 convertible by the way !

Edited by Jeffcad

Jean-Philippe, that is one gorgeous, GORGEOUS Caddy!!   :wub::wub:

I had to do a double take and look twice as I've not seen this one before. Gotta love those "skeg" fins! Whoever did the master did a terrific job as that looks like Johan DID make that one. I've built a Modelhaus '61 Caddy two door and one can't have too many Cadillac models.

22 hours ago, bbowser said:

Very nice!  Can't see too many 4-doors on here.

You got it! There's a number of four doors I'd LOVE to see on the hobby shelves over their two door brethren. ;)

3 hours ago, Jeffcad said:

Hi John,

Thanks !. Resin kits need a lot of sanding and checking to make parts fit together, they are not easy ;) . Although this 62 DeVille Page Resin Cadillac kit comes complete, I had to find a old and wrapped 1962 Cadillac Fleetwood promo to use its front-rear bumpers as well as the hubcaps. I also had to convert the design of the rear bumper, because there is a grille on the Fleetwood's, a detail that sets apart this series from the other "Deville" series, where there are only horizontal strips. All the promos from 1958 to 1963 are wrapped because of the materiel used to make them at the time, so at least, taking their parts is a way to give them another life. Nice 68 convertible by the way !

Hi Jeff. You must have way more patience than me. The last resin model I tried was a '58 Chevy Sedan Delivery. It only came with the body and hood so I bought a couple of kits for the other parts but could never get them to work right. After many hours of working, I gave up, weathered it, and hauled it off to the Shambles Performance Salvage lot.

'58SD.jpg

58SD-3.jpg

58SD-2.jpg