Model Cars Magazine Forum

Platz nunu 1/24 Kremer Porsche 935 K3 Le Mans 1979 announced for October release

Junkman

11 hours ago, Junkman said:

10635590b.jpg

"Detail Up" parts should be released at the same time.

10635592.jpg

About 70 Dollars should buy the kit and detail pack.

This should be awesome.

I think they are also to release the Newman Hawaiian Tropics version as well.  Now that's one I'm waiting on for sure.

Edited by aurfalien

Beemax and NuNu Hobby (along with AutoColour decals) are all owned by the same group in Macau. Aoshima provided technical services early in Beemax's history and designed the McLaren MP4/2. Platz is just a major Japanese distribution company (they import Italeri and Round2). So yes the 935 K3 is a modified reissue of the K2. They're doing the Hawaiian Tropic car as well because while decals may exist for it, the 1:1 car is a 935/77A which is neither a K2 or K3.

Edited by niteowl7710

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Really glad to see a new 935.....just as sad I'll not get one. For $25 total I get by with AMT kit and Scale Coachworks decals.......just noticed I yet to finish the wheels.  Kits nearing the $100 mark is the norm now....2v2EGKKvVxJcANd.jpg

Where on earth are you getting $100 from? The kit is $30, the P/E (which certainly isn't required) is $20, and shipping it from Japan - unless you want it in 2-4 days is gonna be another $10.

A well stocked LHS should be able to price the kit itself in for around $45.

The most expensive regular run kits available these days are the Belkits offerings and they slot in around $55...which is still a long way from a C note.

First post says $70 plus postage is MUCH closer to $100 than $25.....using my hillbilly math anyway. 

We are down to one hobby shop in West Virginia and while run by a great guy he doesn't even carry Tamiya car kits....kinda doubt I can walk in there and get this one. I'll pass on hunting this one down and paying that much. My choice.......

38 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

First post says $70 plus postage is MUCH closer to $100 than $25.....using my hillbilly math anyway. 

Actually, the pre order price from HLJ is USD $33.72 (just the kit, not the detail pack), and even w/ shipping from Japan it won't be remotely near $70.  Your math is way off.  And the first post is from someone in the UK, so he's probably talking pounds. 

Edited by Rob Hall

55 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Actually, the pre order price from HLJ is USD $33.72 (just the kit, not the detail pack), and even w/ shipping from Japan it won't be remotely near $70.  Your math is way off.  And the first post is from someone in the UK, so he's probably talking pounds. 

HLJ is where I have to go when I want other brand kits my LHS does not carry....well aware of them.  $34 is lots closer to a maybe buy. Delivered is still close to $50.....guess I'm to old to think that's a great deal. 

OP said 'dollars' so I assumed dollars over pounds.....just me.....

17 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Really glad to see a new 935.....just as sad I'll not get one. For $25 total I get by with AMT kit and Scale Coachworks decals.......just noticed I yet to finish the wheels.  Kits nearing the $100 mark is the norm now....2v2EGKKvVxJcANd.jpg

FYI, the Porsche pictured is a 935/77 not a K3.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:07 PM, aurfalien said:

This should be awesome.

I think they are also to release the Newman Hawaiian Tropics version as well.  Now that's one I'm waiting on for sure.

Interestingly, the red Hawaiian Tropic car, known as the "Old Warhorse" led a long and varied life. Dick Barbour sole the car to Garretson where it wore the blue paint and the number 9 and driven by Brian Redman among others. Garretson then added a K3 kit to is where it ran as the Apple Computer car. It was even converted (downgraded?) to a 934 to run in IMSA. It really led an interesting and long life life. 

You can read it's history Here

It would be a great project using the two kits to build all of the versions and sponsorships it ran.

Edited by OutaFocus

2 hours ago, OutaFocus said:

FYI, the Porsche pictured is a 935/77 not a K3.

Thanks....but knew that......saying I'll make do with.......my SCCA and IMSA days on crew taught me the difference. 

And btw....I realize it's only a model....not real car in case anyone was wondering......

Edited by Dave Van

On 8/30/2019 at 8:44 PM, niteowl7710 said:

They're doing the Hawaiian Tropic car as well because while decals may exist for it, the 1:1 car is a 935/77A which is neither a K2 or K3.

For sure.  I noticed a lot of differences in the look of the Hawaiian Tropics car which is why I am waiting for that one and probably will not be getting the K3.  However ... maybe I will :)

Actually I'd get the K3 car as well if some one came out with the Apple livery.

I bought the Apple livery from a guy on eBay whose scans are low rez and for shi$.  He scans a lot of livery in very low rez and I've heard his name mentioned here as some one to avoid.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:54 PM, Dave Van said:

This looks very very cool and works very well for me, nice job man!

However if one wishes to be accurate, the AMT car looks nothing like the K3 car.  The front end and rear end are to me, worlds apart.

2 minutes ago, aurfalien said:

This looks very very cool and works very well for me, nice job man!

However if one wishes to be accurate, the AMT car looks nothing like the K3 car.  The front end and rear end are to me, worlds apart.

Agreed!! but I can live with it.....I'm having fun building 'close enough for me' after years of 1 or 2 contest models a year. I've built 20 kits this year.....for fun.

Just now, Dave Van said:

Agreed!! but I can live with it.....I'm having fun building 'close enough for me' after years of 1 or 2 contest models a year. I've built 20 kits this year.....for fun.

This is in fact my approach as well.  I even go so far in my interpretation as to be offensive to the history buff.   So I'm wth you on this.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, Junkman said:

Edit:

You can get the Hawaiian Tropic decals already!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273778290318
s-l1600.jpg

These decals look very nice but there is no car remotely close to use them on.  Look at the K3 front air dam and rear wing for example.  I don't think these decals would look right on it.

If it's one thing that I've learned reading all of the posts and looking at all of the work on this message board, accuracy is very important.  To me, not so much but in general to the seasoned builder, it can be very critical.

Edited by aurfalien

10 hours ago, aurfalien said:

These decals look very nice but there is no car remotely close to use them on.  Look at the K3 front air dam and rear wing for example.  I don't think these decals would look right on it.

If it's one thing that I've learned reading all of the posts and looking at all of the work on this message board, accuracy is very important.  To me, not so much but in general to the seasoned builder, it can be very critical.

True, but Beemax/NuNu has announced a kit of this version also although someone else might have a projected release date for this kit.