Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius out of modeling? (short answer: no)

2 hours ago, vintagerpm said:

Dave was just on Model Car Podcast 2 weeks ago (August 17).

Model Car Podcast #20

The gist I'm getting is that they got more on the plate then they can handle as a company, so things are delayed and while that happens sometimes more interesting read more profitable things move up on the priority list, doesn't mean they're abandoned.

Also seems my 250k was right on target when Dave mentioned the tooling cost for the Pro-Modeler Charger at Modern tool in Windsor Canada.

One thing I was surprised to hear is another topic I mention in my 250K question, is about parts arrangement and ejector pin marks, good to learn that Pegasus is giving the matter some thought

:)

Edited by Luc Janssens

2 hours ago, Dave Van said:

How is Salvinos designing, tooling and molding in SoCal, one of the hardest places to do business, and looks like they are making it work...... 

Same for Pegasus, located in Montclair, just outside Los Angeles.  For anyone going to SoCal on vacation, do not miss the Pegasus store.  And for a great double whammy, visit when the Pomona Swap Meet is happening.  The Pegasus store is only a few minutes away from Pomona.  Take a camera to the swap meet, and you'll get enough reference material to last a lifetime from all the cars on display.  But then you won't have time to hit the non-car vendors, and find those old kits somebody just pulled out of their garage...

On 8/31/2019 at 11:10 AM, alexis said:

Yes, Please?  This is how trouble starts. Baseless Rumors that soon become "Facts".

Rumors are started by people who read the title, but not the content. 
We should not have to pay the price for their shortcomings.

"Moebius out of modeling?"

If that is what some are led to believe, this is a myopic viewpoint. Even if Moebius ceased future production of automotive kits and continued with its sci-fi range,  it's still in the business. Just not producing what some would prefer.