Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Ford Roadster Pickup (RPU) conversion

This conversion is available from Drag City Casting. It differs from any previously available body because it features the extended body similar to the 1:1 available from Brookville (extended behind the doors). It is not a replica of that body because this resin conversion has the stock "vertical" rear sheetmetal as opposed to the slightly laid back and upward curvature of the Brookville. 

The body is a drop on for the Revell 32 ford roadster kits available for the last 20 years. (It should fit the Rat Roaster, but I haven't tried fitting the RR interior into this body) The rear mounting tab just needs to be trimmed of the rear interior bulkhead.

Please don't mind the gap between the hood side and body here, it's a poorly sanded hood piece creating the gap.

They also offer a stock style firewall and chopped up-top if you're interested. The uptop also fits the regular Revell roadster body and even the old Monogram body (former Lil Deuce). The top is sitting on my in-progress build up of this RPU conversion

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the first example of a finished build since this conversion became available. It's mine ;)

By the way, it also features Drag City Casting items such as the Pontiac engine( a repop of the old Little Deuce engine), Olds rearend, stock style firewall, chopped uptop, rear artillery wheels and tall tires, and Ford brake backing plates. Their stuff is really good, buy with confidence.

2v2EdWaSdxuy9t.jpg

13 hours ago, 68shortfleet said:

Where did these artillery wheels come from? Curious what diameter they measure out too.

The rears wheel/tire is also from Drag City Casting. The tire has a separate whitewall, and is based on the tires from the Monogram 41 Lincoln kit. Drag City offers two different wheel/tire combos with this tire, a steelie, and the artillery wheel pictured here(which is based on the Revell 37 Ford pickup, but made larger to fit this tire. Both wheels were mastered by Dennis Lacy. If you need me to I can get out the caliper and grab a couple measurements, and pics of the steel wheel

The front wheels are from the Revell 37 Ford pickup, mounted into tires from the Revell 40 Ford stock coupe

Edited by Mr. Metallic

19 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Here's the first example of a finished build since this conversion became available. It's mine ;)

By the way, it also features Drag City Casting items such as the Pontiac engine( a repop of the old Little Deuce engine), Olds rearend, stock style firewall, chopped uptop, rear artillery wheels and tall tires, and Ford brake backing plates. Their stuff is really good, buy with confidence.

Great looking Deuce and very impressive parts from Drag City

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 7:54 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

The rears wheel/tire is also from Drag City Casting. The tire has a separate whitewall, and is based on the tires from the Monogram 41 Lincoln kit. Drag City offers two different wheel/tire combos with this tire, a steelie, and the artillery wheel pictured here(which is based on the Revell 37 Ford pickup, but made larger to fit this tire. Both wheels were mastered by Dennis Lacy. If you need me to I can get out the caliper and grab a couple measurements, and pics of the steel wheel

The front wheels are from the Revell 37 Ford pickup, mounted into tires from the Revell 40 Ford stock coupe

I just received my order from Ed, at drag city casting. He let me know that the Lincoln tires,  steelie, and artillery wheels. are no longer available  due to the mold being worn out.