Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tuesday morning pick-me-up: Rock's not dead...but it will be

iamsuperdan

• 2 weeks later...

And the Stones keep rolling along!!!!!!   Must have out survived just about every other rock group with most of their original members still performing.Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts. Bill Wyman the original bass guitarist (known as the Ghost and played a Vox Phantom Bass Guitar) is still around with another group that he formed after leaving the Stones. Ronnie Wood has been with them a long time now having joined them from the Small Faces after the sad demise of Brian Jones, one of the original members.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:15 PM, Snake45 said:

Well, all my favorite cars are now 50 or more years old. (Was I interested in 50 year old cars in 1969? I was not.) And most of my favorite airplanes are now 75 or more years old. 

I got it pretty much the same, the cars that I like where mostly made before ca 1970 (I do like quite a few from the 70s aswell) and the movies I like are mostly made between 1960 and 1980. The music I like is mostly from post WWII and untill about late 80s. I prefer piston engine propeller planes and steam locomotives.
The modern cars don't really do anything for me, modern music can sometimes be good but one has to go and search it out. Modern planes are just cylinders with pointy nosecones. When I try and find a movie that I like at the cinema I really struggle.
But I'm born in 1984, so more than likley I have to live for quite some time yet and seeing more and more of my heroes die and I have to see a future that I am not really interested in living in.

I need a time machine, where is Doc Brown when I need him.

1 hour ago, Atmobil said:

modern music can sometimes be good but one has to go and search it out.

Try looking on the "modern country" format radio stations. There's a pretty decent percentage of listenable music there. 

BTW, I find that the two biggest influences on modern country music are...wait for it...Jimmy Buffet and Tom Petty. About 25-30% of everything you hear there could be Jimmy Buffet or Tom Petty songs. :blink:

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Try looking on the "modern country" format radio stations. There's a pretty decent percentage of listenable music there. 

BTW, I find that the two biggest influences on modern country music are...wait for it...Jimmy Buffet and Tom Petty. About 25-30% of everything you hear there could be Jimmy Buffet or Tom Petty songs. :blink:

Tom Petty seems to influence most guitar music, I cant remember many artists that dont list him, even ice t has him down as an influence for his bodycount group

• 2 weeks later...