Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 skyline 2000 GT

Gt fan

This is just a quick build to kill some time while my Ferrari is drying. I wanted to try some new weathering pencils from AK that I picked up. Chassis and body were all done in about 4hrs . Chrome on the body was done with a 1mm Motlow chrome pen. I will add black details after it drys. The pencils are wonderful to work with and have a great results. The were sold individual or in sub-sets or a complete set. Dash gauges were done with pencils as well

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

19 hours ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

Cool looking car what blue did you use nice color. 

Those pencils work pretty good. 

Thank you,, the color is Testors Nassau Blue, I had a can laying around and it looked like a good 70’s color.  It has one coat of Testors wet look clear on it.  Came out pretty good , I’m more familiar with Tamiya sprays . Interior will be grey . Pencils worked very well and easy to use , you have to keep them sharp. I just ordered more from Mega Hobby. 

On 9/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, Sten said:

where did you pick up these pencils, looks nice, love the dash 

You can get the pencils at megahobby.com in the search bar type in AK you will find them.  They are sold as sub sets and. A full set and individual. Singles are $2.39 . They can be used dry or wet. Look on AK interactive website , l really like them

On 9/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, Gt fan said:

Thank you,, the color is Testors Nassau Blue, I had a can laying around and it looked like a good 70’s color.  It has one coat of Testors wet look clear on it.  Came out pretty good , I’m more familiar with Tamiya sprays . Interior will be grey . Pencils worked very well and easy to use , you have to keep them sharp. I just ordered more from Mega Hobby. 

Thanks GT fan will have to get some