Model Cars Magazine Forum

What'll be the next pickup from Moebius?

So I know there are still a few derivatives of the 65/66 F100 due out in the next few years. I'm still hooked on building the Moebius 69-72s. But I'm already wondering what will be the next pickup offering from Moebius. Anyone care to share speculation? Or better yet, anyone in the know have info from the source? Based on their reputation, I'm hoping for fresh new tooling.

Personally, I would be thrilled if they continued moving back through the older Fords. As far as I know, there is not much available to represent late 50's Ford trucks. Looking forward to hearing what you guys think.

If one was to look at the best return on investment in new tooling, then logic would say look for 67-72 GM Pickup/Blazer-Jimmy/Suburban kits to be next. Those vehicles are very popular in the real world and the model kits fetch a decent price at swap meets and on the 'Bay.

Ideally, would love to see some Dodge pickups, but not sure how many they would sell.

One thing is for certain, the model companies are listening to us modelers as in the last 5 years we have seen some never before kitted models arrive on the shelves.

As much as I would love an obscure old Dodge or International I have to agree with Mike that the most bang for their tooling buck would be a 67-72 Chevy kit. It's an incredibly popular body style and the current kit is dated and surprisingly hard to find given said popularity. 

Personally, a much better modern kit of the '67-'72 Chevy, with separate chassis, and correct taillights, would be a hit.

Classic Dodge Sweptside would be cool.  WW2 Dodge Powerwagen, I know there *was* a resin kit, good luck finding one.  The old Federal and Diamond T would be different.

IMG_5889_Fotor.jpg

IMG_5899_Fotor.jpg

On 9/4/2019 at 2:29 PM, Jim H. said:

Based on their reputation, I'm hoping for fresh new tooling.

IMO, Moebius has gone where others have ignored. This is there niche, where they shine to new and older modelers who want more than re issues of 40-50 year old kits.  IMO,  they'll  seriously look at the '61 thru '71 Dodge pickup, if not already. The kit has great expandability potential,  meaning with a little extra tooling, we could see different grills,  4wd or 4 door cab and even a 1 ton version with larger fenders and running boards in each new version. The series would need to be broken down, '61-'64  or  '65-'71 since there were major wheelbase and bed changes.