Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Road Runner

roadhawg

15 hours ago, roadhawg said:

Just used lots of Solvaset on the decals. Looking at it closer, I probably should go back and add a black wash to the vents.

On the tires, those are Fireball's BFG big and little set, and they have raised letters. I've reached the age, however, where I can't detail paint that well anymore, so I used decals over the raised lettering.  I love the look of Fireball's tires, but I'm not really crazy about whatever they're made out of....to me, they're too soft, practically impossible to sand those raised letters off. It looks ok from a distance, but up close it's definitely not perfect. It is what it is though, maybe next set I'll try to paint. 

Thanks for the info. 

I know what you mean with the tires. I’m currently incorporating a set of his Goodyear tires on my 70 RR.  I tried a new technique with raised letters. I use Vallejo Air white paint and put a dab on my fingertip and lightly touch the raised letters. Beats a brush or applicator hands down.