Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68-72 Chevy PickUp rummors about reissue?

Sergey

Hello, Gents!

Does anyone heard any rummors about reissue of '68-72 Chevy PickUp (Cheyenne)?

I have a plan to built 1968 -72 Chevy C60-80, or may be M60-80. The Pick Up is nice source for it. Blazer doesn't have roof & back wall.

1155363-26866-27-720.jpg

Edited by Sergey

There was this a few months ago, and while not concrete, I would say it's a fair indication that Round2 wants to reissue the kit in one form or another. I know there had been some mish-mashing at the hands of Ertl when the kit was last reissued, but I'm sure Round2 will correct what is needed:

Edited by Casey

OMG hope not, I've spent a few bucks collecting some. ?  IMHO seeing the "reproduced from official factory prints" is a joke, the tailights are horrid, the chassis is toy-like, typical of the day.  If anyone bothered to do it right, they would start from scratch.

Otherwise, keeping my eye on this topic!

2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

OMG hope not, I've spent a few bucks collecting some. ?  IMHO seeing the "reproduced from official factory prints" is a joke, the tailights are horrid, the chassis is toy-like, typical of the day.  If anyone bothered to do it right, they would start from scratch.

Otherwise, keeping my eye on this topic!

Notice it doesn't say "Authentically", "Realistically", or "Faithfully" reproduced. HAHAHAHAHA

Of this generation of Chevy pickups, the '72 was always my fave. But, as far as the model kits go, I'd like to see them backdate it to a '67-'68 version.

Edited by Bucky

3 hours ago, JEKO56 said:

A flyer that Dave Burket sent me shows kit #mpc885/12 1972 chevy pickup racers wedge for 4th qtr 2019

Can you share it with the group? I would be interest to see if it is the whole truck and kit or just the racers wedge body as Dave did that about 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, Bucky said:

Notice it doesn't say "Authentically", "Realistically", or "Faithfully" reproduced. HAHAHAHAHA

Of this generation of Chevy pickups, the '72 was always my fave. But, as far as the model kits go, I'd like to see them backdate it to a '67-'68 version.

BINGO! ?  I owned a '69, now a '68 which is my favorite, though before either I liked the '72.

4 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Can you share it with the group? I would be interest to see if it is the whole truck and kit or just the racers wedge body as Dave did that about 10 years ago.

It didn't have a photo, just a list of 4th qtr releases. I wrote above word for word as it appears in the flyer. The way I am reading it, I would say the complete truck. I hope it also includes the pickup bed. I'm computer stupid, so maybe tomorrow my daughter can help me with scanning and posting the list.

Edited by JEKO56
additional info

Would be nice to actually see the 72 back!  As stated above, think last time out was Model Kings Racers Wedge/Open Road camper in 2008.

I bought a pile of them in 95. I love the 67-72 GM trucks! Also have a bunch of builtups/junkers,parts.

Would be cool to have the earlier versions too. A photo-etch set is needed for these trucks too.

On 9/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, JEKO56 said:

A flyer that Dave Burket sent me shows kit #mpc885/12 1972 chevy pickup racers wedge for 4th qtr 2019

I'm guessing whatever year-specific parts were included with the last reissue (AMT/Ertl "Hot Trucks" 1972 Chevy Truck?) will appear in this forthcoming version, with the Racer's Wedge bed and the tag axle(?) specific parts re-included. Basically this, but a '72 instead of a '71, allowing you to build it with either the ramp or Fleetside bed:

MPCRacersWedge.jpg

Edited by Casey

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dino246gt said:

After Mobius fantastic series of Ford pickups, maybe they can do a modern tool of the '67-'72 Chevs, and GMCs, long and short, 4X4 etc, like the cool Ford series so many parts are interchangeable that we can build almost any combination!

At the last Detroit model show the Representative from Mobius said this also. Not that they were going to do it, but whoever does it first will have a good seller.  I would be surprised if we ever see another new complete kit from AMT automotive wise again but this would be a perfect one to do it with.