Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68-72 Chevy PickUp rummors about reissue?

Sergey

On 9/20/2019 at 9:39 PM, dino246gt said:

Those Mobius kits are so much more detailed than those AMT or MPC ever were. (of course they were great for that time)

The chassis in the Moebius Ford pickups is heavily cribbed from the AMT '75-'78 unit.  The only improvement would be the cab floor that Moebius added to their kits.

On 7/6/2020 at 4:34 PM, Mark said:

The chassis in the Moebius Ford pickups is heavily cribbed from the AMT '75-'78 unit.  The only improvement would be the cab floor that Moebius added to their kits.

Which is wrong for every F-100 kit Moebius has put it under.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:39 PM, dino246gt said:

Those Mobius kits are so much more detailed than those AMT or MPC ever were. (of course they were great for that time)

Details are great but at the expense of body envelope accuracy... not so much :unsure:

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 2:27 PM, Plowboy said:

Which is wrong for every F-100 kit Moebius has put it under.

Not sure I'm smellin' what you're cookin' here, Roger. Having owned multiples of the slick, bump and dent 1:1 trucks, I've found that aside from earlier (pre '73) rear frame rail width and slight wheelbase differences, the cab floors, mounts and front frame rails are very close to identical from '65-'79. 

Edited by mk11

2 hours ago, mk11 said:

Not sure I'm smellin' what you're cookin' here, Roger. Having owned multiples of the slick, bump and dent 1:1 trucks, I've found that aside from earlier (pre '73) rear frame rail width and slight wheelbase differences, the cab floors, mounts and front frame rails are very close to identical from '65-'79. 

The biggest difference between the '65-'72 and '73 up F-100s is the front suspensions. '65-'72s have the I beams mounted to the opposing frame rail and the radius arms were mounted closer to the ends of the I beams. '73 and up F-100s have the I beams center mounted to the cross member and a little farther from the ends of the I beams. The Moebius chassis also has the messed up cross member between the radius arm mounts on the chassis. That's why the dual exhaust (that was never factory on a Ford pickup) is squeezed up to the transmission. So, yeah, it's the wrong chassis for the '65-'72s. The floorpan? I've never seen a Ford pickup that the floorpan was six or seven inches above the rocker panels. 

On 9/5/2019 at 2:41 AM, Sergey said:

Hello, Gents!

Does anyone heard any rummors about reissue of '68-72 Chevy PickUp (Cheyenne)?

I have a plan to built 1968 -72 Chevy C60-80, or may be M60-80. The Pick Up is nice source for it. Blazer doesn't have roof & back wall.

1155363-26866-27-720.jpg

Would love to see the 69 with the camper...

18 hours ago, Plowboy said:

The biggest difference between the '65-'72 and '73 up F-100s is the front suspensions. 

It's possible you're thinking of the '80-up beams here. The dentside beams with disc brakes are a very popular and common swap on the slick and bump trucks. I've done a couple of transplants myself.

Edited by mk11

On 9/5/2019 at 12:41 AM, Sergey said:

Hello, Gents!

I have a plan to built 1968 -72 Chevy C60-80, or may be M60-80. The Pick Up is nice source for it. Blazer doesn't have roof & back wall.

I would like to build one also, but hoping someone will do a quality resin conversion for us. The small die cast people have theirs

IMG_5548 (2).JPG

IMG_5547 (2).JPG

Edited by leafsprings

• 3 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 5:27 AM, Fabrux said:

Rumours about reissue are apparently true!

MPC-885 1972 Chevy Racer's Wedge upcoming release...

This one, too:

AMT-1231

1/25 1972 Chevy Pickup Truck w/Coca-Cola Vending Machine & Crates

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Casey said:

image.png.b330421442b056e10621fd4bf6930771.png

So December/January we see the Racers Wedge with the option to build the pickup and I think the Coca Cola version of just the pickup is set for January/February, so options abound for those that have waited for this truck to come back. I'd be willing to bet the Coke pickup kit makes it to Hobby Lobby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Casey said:

Spoke wheels?? 🤔

image.png.d004a17ceee89624fb89f9fd232e1d1f.png

image.png.a2d34cd1417a6191d7c4fa65347d34d0.png

I am curious if the coca cola chevy pickup is the same as the one from the december 2020 video, the racers wedge truck, which could also be built as a regular pickup. 

26 minutes ago, youpey said:

I am curious if the coca cola chevy pickup is the same as the one from the december 2020 video, the racers wedge truck, which could also be built as a regular pickup. 

I'd assume the same kit, but without the racers wedge parts and Coke items added.

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Spoke wheels?? 🤔

image.png.d004a17ceee89624fb89f9fd232e1d1f.png

Yeah, same optional wheels in the Racer's Wedge...they look really out of place.  Something from the 90s reissue, I presume. I don't remember them in the one I built back then.   They look to me like the optional wheels from the '89 Probe GT kit (seriously!), if memory serves me..

Here they are on the Racer's Wedge chrome tree:

IMG-4968.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall