Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Shelby

RadRidesByDan

the car itself is BITCHIN!!

but the wheels ruin the hard work & beauty of the car...

i would get something different... i dont know exactly what just not those...

just my 2 cnts

Brilliant work on what is probably the best looking *cough* Ford.

Thanks for teh great comments guys....very appreciated

CNDYBLU66SS.....the one thing I respect alot in this place is honesty. No worries Bro....I appreciate your honest 2 cents

:lol: Another great build Dan. Personally, I like yours better than the movie(2nd)version! That one had too many growths/tumors all over it. Never liked it at all.The movie actually sucked too. Nicholas Cage well never get any awards for his acting skills, an that movie proved it! But your car just out an out looks BETTER!!!I likeses it more!!! :P

They should have used this one in the movie, I think personally :lol:

Seriously though, I kind of get tired of hearing and seeing these cars and with the new conversions for the new Mustang just because when someone says about Gone in 60 Seconds or Shelby Mustangs or Shelby they only know this one and all that they think of, man Shelby himself wasn't originally happy with this one, he definetly was with his 350's more because they were winning! :lol::angry:

Another favorite build of yours Dan! ;) Didn't the movie version have Cobra style rims like the Revell kit or were they customs?

yep, Your correct Mike. In the movie the car had the cobra style rims, But I didnt have any at the time of the build, so I used the wheels off the Boyd's Smoothster kit. The were sorta, kinda close enough for me.

Stunning build my friend, you think you can take a few more pictures of it with lots of sun but with the car in the shadows? Your gloss would certainly be appreciated even more. :lol: I have always loved this car, beautiful lines and stance!!

I don’t know how I overlooked this posting until now, but that is a beautiful build. Very classy rendition of a very well known car. Because it is so well known, a model of it must look right to get noticed….this looks very right. Nice work. One of these days I plan to jump into that kit…I have it, opened the doors but stopped at that point. I don’t think I make as convincing a replica as yours though.

One of these days I plan to jump into that kit…I have it, opened the doors but stopped at that point. I don’t think I make as convincing a replica as yours though.

Im certain that your renditoin will look just as right as you have mentioned that my build looks. Hope your builds hits the table soon enough.

Bear