Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maverick Pro Stock/Match Racer

Codi

I want to be respectful of those that have left a comment..    Cheers to all, tim

JC, Mark, Scott, Iborg and Ray.........thank you as always.  I've appreciated your interest in my builds since the Bantam.  Hope you like the rest.

Francis....the pump gave me a real taste of the challenge what the carbs will be like.   thanks too.

Kurt, I got the giant tweezers at the giant tweezer store of course.  ?

Ray,  thanks for the thought, the engine though won't be in the car.  I'm going to fab an engine stand for it.    

Appreciated Joe & Carl.   Bench time hard to come by as I'm now a substitute teacher......but I had to get something done.  So I finished detailing the water pump.  Put the pump snout pulley bracket on, machined and attached the fuel pump housing & machined a red cap for the water pump pipe.  The pump is not attached to the block or pan as of yet as an fyi....cheers, tim

image.png.d5c2978d1495e1c62477150ee8b0897d.png

image.png.e7246cdc5dccbf5bebcc1771317313eb.png

• Like 1

If this was CNC, I'd be impressed with your drafting abilities and your skill converting those drawings to code. Knowing you do this freehand, I'm simply in awe. I think I have most of the tools although I have Sherline and I think you've got a variation of a Sieg but I don't pretend to think I'll ever perfect your talent.

Greatly appreciated iBorg......I wish I had the knowledge/skills to do CNC but......all of my equipment is Sherline too btw.   cheers

Thanks as always Dave.  Learned most of it from you.  

Thanks Francis.....you crank out an entire block and I'm foolin' around with this thing.  sheesh.......

CabDriver, I did it out of aluminum and machined it on the lathe.   Painted it Testor's Guards Red.  I love that color.

Andy,  that's a cool story..........they ARE unusual and to my eye very trick looking.  I think they'll truly set the engine off if I can figure out how to make them.   They'll be tricky.    Cheers everyone, Tim

Tim, always love to see your work and how you did it.  The diagram was very helpful.  My health has kept me at bay, but hopefully one more trip under the knife next week and we can get back to making some chips fly.  Thanks for keeping me occupied in the meantime!

Thanks Mark.

Bruce, Thanks too......the progress slowed down obviously but in the near future I'm onto the body and designing the chassis.   This will NOT be a one year build as hoped. 

Joe, appreciate your comments coming from someone that shares my interest in Mavericks.  

Mike (Magic Photos) appreciate your stopping by and the comment.  I'm enjoying it but I wish had more bench time. (don't we all)   cheers

Pete, sorry to hear what's been going on.  Obviously something fairly serious.  I wish you the very best and a quick return to the bench. I miss you posts and the tips you share in how you do things.  You have a lot to offer all of us.   Take care, Tim

Dave & Scott......appreciate the sentiments and YES Dave, I saw those 2.  I'll be sure to get em' off when I do final assembly of it.

Heads are done and I did a quick mock-up (nothing is glued yet).  Next I'll detail the valve covers, the block and oil pan.  I've yet to make the distributor & coil but next on the fabrication list are the Auto-lite carbs then I'll do the manifold.  cheers everyone, tim

BEFORE I FORGET......Thank you to my friend Dave(comp1839) for the dimensions/detail he shared for me to tackle the heads and valve covers.  Made it a lot easier to say the least.   Cheers Dave!! 

image.png.687614e71a54f7b3858b3928f36616b9.png

image.png.6d2d0e7367b23cd3d9cda7736631be91.png