Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maverick Pro Stock/Match Racer

Codi

Thank you as always fellas.  The pair are done.  What's left on them, fuels bowls, accelerator pump side detail, venturi's and final assembly / detailing them.  The biggest part of these are done and to think it only took me a couple months to get to this point.  Got a lot of ideas on how I want the manifold to look and how to make it.  Cheers, tim

The pieces are not assembled, the pics are just for mock-up purposes.  There is still some clean-up to do as well before final assembly.

DSC 0241

DSC 0254

DSC 0266

DSC 0280

DSC 0285

Dave, thanks man.  I knew they'd be a challenge but I'm tickled with em' for sure.   I'll be in touch about a possible visit soon.   cheers

Randy, Also a big thanks.  Love what you did on the Porsche engine.   To anyone stopping by here, be sure to visit Randy's new thread on his Porsche build under "WIPS"...........you won't be disappointed.   

• 1 month later...

Any more progress on this one Codi? I know .....like I can say anything. lol . I need to get back onto building my own Maverick. Seems like these long projects like this make it easier to get distracted with another build the longer I take in getting it done. Looking forward to seeing any progress you may have.

Dave & Joe......thanks for checking in.  Longest break from the bench since I took up modeling again.  That "life" thing..........This week I did get the 4 accelerator pumps done and finally I have the fuel bowls to do.  In total , each carb will comprise 61 parts (122 total) give or take a few parts. The pump is comprised of the machined plates (I did those in steel) and the round portion you see with the twin flanges in the center started as R.B. Motion rivets. I decked each, cut a groove down the middle (.010") and then cut the sides of each.  I made extras as I know I'm going to drop and lose some during assembly.  The last pic is of the fuel bowls that will comprise 7 parts each.  Making these last 2 components of the carbs has been as challenging as the oil pump I made earlier for this engine.  fyi, the length of the acc. pump plate itself is less than 4.0mm.  I can't wait now to get these done so I can try out my ideas for the manifold.   Cheers fellas, Tim

DSC 0293

The pump bases need a little clean-up on the edges yet...........thought I got it all, apparently not.

DSC 0296

DSC 0307

Taking pics of these tiny parts is difficult.......I've included 3 pics of them in total even though they seem redundant.....some of the parts are in better focus 1 pic versus another.......

DSC 0315

The fuel bowls that will be on deck.

DSC 0292

Glad to see you back Tim!  The things of life are unfortunately the priority... Your update with these ultra small accelerator pumps is amazing.  Very good idea to achieve the basic parts.  Can't wait to see them installed on the side of the carburetor.   Lots of work but it was worth it!   Well done sir!!!

Thank you Ray, Brad, Dave, Francis, Art, Chris & Joe!!!  

I thought I'd have the first fuel bowl to share yesterday but I got the first one made (turned out well too I thought) and while finishing cleaning it up........b-i-n-g!   my dremel caught it and sent it flying never to be seen again.  It was one of those teeny parts that I would never admit how much time/effort went into it.  It's somewhere on the floor mocking me along with the other lost parts I've made over the years.    Saturday I'm determined to get 1 if not 2 done and then have some pics to share.   Gotta make 4 of them too.

Cheers fellas!