Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maverick Pro Stock/Match Racer

Codi

Thank you Chris......

Rear brakes are done.  Photos aren't the best as I couldn't get the camera to focus that great.  Too many fins for the camera to focus on......1st pic is of an Airheart brake that I was trying to mimic.  On Dyno Don's Pinto I believe. 

DSC 0040 (1)

DSC 0051 (1)

DSC 0055 (5)

DSC 0060 (1)

DSC 0074 (1)

DSC 0076 (1)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been away too long.  After the rear brakes I was helping my daughter with a school project and blew my back out.  It's slowly coming around.  This 65 year old thing just sucks.  Eyes, now this.  Anyways THANKS to all that continue to follow and I promise to be back at it right after the holiday.    Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!   Tim

On 11/21/2021 at 5:59 AM, Codi said:

I've been away too long.  After the rear brakes I was helping my daughter with a school project and blew my back out.  It's slowly coming around.  This 65 year old thing just sucks.  Eyes, now this.  Anyways THANKS to all that continue to follow and I promise to be back at it right after the holiday.    Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!   Tim

Hang in there Tim and hope that your recovery is going well. It's been a while since I've been on here myself and saw this here. Hope that you are doing well and that you had a good Thanksgiving. Looking forward to more on this great project of yours.

Hi Everyone,  Wanted to share pics of progress in this post but sadly still dealing with my stupid back.  Next step might be an MRI and some minor surgery..........if this week coming isn't better.  But to everyone again that keeps checking in for progress on the build and for your kind sentiments, THANK YOU.    Cheers, Tim

3 hours ago, Codi said:

Hi Everyone,  Wanted to share pics of progress in this post but sadly still dealing with my stupid back.  Next step might be an MRI and some minor surgery..........if this week coming isn't better.  But to everyone again that keeps checking in for progress on the build and for your kind sentiments, THANK YOU.    Cheers, Tim

The most important thing is getting well! If we're not over here, drooling over your work, we have more time to drool on our own!😁

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Morning Charlie,   Thanks for the note.  Things are much better and I finally sat down at my desk to continue finishing the chassis drawings.  Serviced my machines and have ordered some brass too............again, thanks!   Tim

Health has never been so much in the news and I'm glad to hear that you are doing well Tim!

I can't wait to see the first photos of this brass frame, definitely more wonder in store! 😊   I myself will have some maintenance to do on my equipment before a new project as there is too much play in the handwheels...

• 1 month later...

Surprise surprise....5 months later....I FINALLY sat down and made something.  It's a modest post but I got the spindles done.  The first pic is of a Strange Engineering spindle that was popular in the day that I did my best to replicate.  Going to tackle the upper and lower A-arms next in brass.  Once I have these bits together I'm moving onto the chassis finally.  Thanks once more to all of you that have followed along and with your patience.  Most appreciated, Tim

DSC 0007

DSC 0008

DSC 0013

DSC 0019