Model Cars Magazine Forum

51´Chevy Bel Air 1/25 AMT

Fairfax

Thank you very much everyone for your kind comments and welcome. I didn't expect such good responses. For Lee Rile: Really? And does your son build plastic car models, too? I'm from Prague 10, a flash of the Garden City. For David Espenshade: Thank you, you're right, the kit is old and of poor quality. The hood was twisted and the front bumpers were very hard to stick. I just have to write to avoid mystifying on my part that 51 'Bel Air was one of my first American cars, but otherwise I've been building for a long time, not only F1 and GT, but also several ships and planes and tanks. It's just that I messed up a great many other kit before this model. : -): -) Thank you all again.

Sorry Lee Rilea, I forgot to answer you about the engine. Bel Air's hood is glued, and I didn't model the engine in any way. Nor, so far, has any other American car kit. I've done a total of four engines on cars in the past. (Until now, though, I've only got two of them left at home.) But even when I'm looking at them and taking them in my hand, I've never looked in the engine. And since one never knows how long one will have for this hobby of leisure, I don't waste time with the engines. But in the future, I'm not ruling out building a commuter engine. Moebius kit, for example, has engines beautifully executed.