Model Cars Magazine Forum

The other 70 Revell Mustang (convertible)

vamach1

Started as a partial glue bomb (chassis, exhuast, rear end and interior were already glued together) but it didn't slow the build down any.  The chrome on the bumpers is faded and I left some of the interior unpainted to show off that lovely green molded plastic.  I still need to do some detailing underneath and maybe add some decals under the hood.  Any comments are welcome.

IMG_5528.JPG

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5531.JPG

IMG_5576.JPG

Edited by vamach1
  • Like 2

This '70 Grandé kit by Revell is rare ... since some years, I'm trying to search one at a decent price but I admit that I have to "cut" a Mach1 kit to build my own '70 Convertible at 1/25 scale ...

Fortunately, the car "scale 1" stay in my garage ... ?

Rex, I'm sure that your green model is now able to receive its vinyl interior ... LOL .... ???

Edited by 1500gp

6 hours ago, 1500gp said:

This '70 Grandé kit by Revell is rare ... since some years, I'm trying to search one at a decent price but I admit that I have to "cut" a Mach1 kit to build my own '70 Convertible at 1/25 scale ...

Fortunately, the car "scale 1" stay in my garage ... ?

Rex, I'm sure that your green model is now able to receive its vinyl interior ... LOL .... ???

I found it at the NNL East show this year (or maybe it was last year) for $40.   I jumped on it since you rarely see this kit at shows and the Ebay prices can get pretty ridiculous.

For information, one examplary of the '69 Ford Mustang 428 Cobra Jet Shaker by Revell was sold on Ebay on 3rd september for .... $202,50 !!! ....

Rex, ... nice found for $40 ... ?

... if you found another one, just take it for me and send me immediately a PM to say to me that I have to send money to you .... ha ha ... 

Here is my rare "scale1" '70 convertible ... only 72 examplaries were built in this configuration (302 2V, Medium blue, black interior, 4 speed manual gearbox, original papers of '70) ... this is the only one in France and may'be in Europe ...

13467416_10207670618736800_342860861_o (2).jpg

Now, you know why I have to build an 1/25 model ... to put on the dashboard of this one ....  ?

Edited by 1500gp
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know the true fate of the molds of the 69/70 Grande/convertible?  Some have claimed that the kit was magically transformed into a funny car kit (pictured below) which I find hard to believe as the kits have almost nothing in common with a tube chassis race car.  I had the funny car kit (molded in blue) and it’s nothing like the street versions.

21127ED8-1259-4698-BFF0-D93D1DD1673E.png

• 10 months later...
On 9/8/2019 at 9:41 AM, vamach1 said:

Started as a partial glue bomb (chassis, exhuast, rear end and interior were already glued together) but it didn't slow the build down any.  The chrome on the bumpers is faded and I left some of the interior unpainted to show off that lovely green molded plastic.  I still need to do some detailing underneath and maybe add some decals under the hood.  Any comments are welcome.

IMG_5528.JPG

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5531.JPG

IMG_5576.JPG

On 9/8/2019 at 3:18 PM, vamach1 said:

Here's the box for those that have never seen the kit.  The top was not included but it's not very accurate anyway.  Too bad we'll never see these kits ever again.

IMG_5577.JPG

IMG_5578.JPG

IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5580.JPG

IMG_5581.JPG

I have one thats unopened, a hard find.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2019 at 3:06 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

Nope, but here it is on YouTube:

This is the kit i own (really bad gluebomb inside) - but you have to take, what you get if you are on the Mustang-wave. The other kit you used is familiar to me too and i agree, but hope, they will reissue this kit.